Moto E(first edition) UI crashes after factory reset?

A

AC Question

I recently had to factory reset my Moto E(first edition), the Play Services Framework had ended up corrupt and I decided that the best solution was to make a factory reset.

After the factory reset and all "first time" app optimizing I'm directly getting the error that the System UI has stopped followed by a black screen. Pressing the power button reviles the "shutdown" button dialog. Other then that I can't interact with the phone at all.

I have factory reseted the phone multiple times from the bootloader but still the same issue.

How can I fix this and get the phone working again?

Notes
__
The phone won't always show up under "My Computer" in Windows Explorer anymore.
__
The Motorola Device Manager wont find any updates.
__
The Motorola booting animations is different from the ones I had in the past.
__
I have not made any modding of the core phones software.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently had to factory reset my Moto E(first edition), the Play Services Framework had ended up corrupt and I decided that the best solution was to make a factory reset.

After the factory reset and all "first time" app optimizing I'm directly getting the error that the System UI has stopped followed by a black screen. Pressing the power button reviles the "shutdown" button dialog. Other then that I can't interact with the phone at all.

I have factory reseted the phone multiple times from the bootloader but still the same issue.

How can I fix this and get the phone working again?

Notes
__
The phone won't always show up under "My Computer" in Windows Explorer anymore.
__
The Motorola Device Manager wont find any updates.
__
The Motorola booting animations is different from the ones I had in the past.
__
I have not made any modding of the core phones software.

Welcome to Android Central!

You might need to download a fresh image of the OS and flash it on the phone. Something might be corrupted with the current image on the phone.