Why isn't my Moto E sim card being detected?

A

AC Question

moto e sim card not detect

Hi all
I have moto e 1st gen. After a few days of updating to lollipop, i faced "android.phone.com process has stopped unfortunately" error. I was unable to perform any activity on my phone. I did a factory reset(clearing cache memory) as guided by the customer care assistant, but the issue did not solve. I took my phone to service center and the phone started working. They say they did "flash" and reinstalled the software (i don't know what it is?)

BUT, still there are major problems :-
1. It is not detecting SIM cards in any slot. No message, no action takes place on inserting SIM cards.
2. Dialing *#06# it shows the message "unfortunately dialer has stopped"
3. Baseband version in 'About phone' shows 'unknown'
4. It also does not connect to WiFi whereas it connects via bluetooth. Going to Settings and touching WiFi, it shows "turning wifi on" and hangs.
I am told at the service center that the mothrboard is damaged. Is it true according to above symptoms or still there is a way out?
Please help !!!
Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was it an official Motorola service center, or an independent repair shop?

It sure sounds like there's a hardware issue (unless they flashed the wrong firmware, or there was a problem during the flashing process).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci