Anyone Using 5.1 Yet?

fred1952

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I bought a Moto E today for my first android and it's virtually functionless when plugged into a usb charging port. It is running 5.0.2 out the box and there seems to be plenty of reviews on the web about how bug-y this version is, but does anyone have 5.1 yet? (without rooting the phone, because I might send this junk back). Is it any better? Anyone else having issues typing whilst charging - or perhaps can recommend a third party keyboard this isn't garbage? Thanks.

fred1952

May 5, 2015
Visit site
When it's plugged into the USB charging it is almost impossible to swipe between home screens or pull down the notification center (it just bounces right back up without going fully down), plus trying to use the swipe text is a no go: just doesn't register cohesive or sensible words at all but when unplugged it works fine. Even manual key type is slow and often wrong on the auto correct. Wondered if this was normal for Moto or was a bug in 5.0.2 (a phone that cant be used when needing to be charged every day is a bit pointless).

AleeexVr

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I still have 5.0.2 and I don't have this problems... Screen works fine when USB is plugged. Maybe you are not using the USB connector that comes with the box?

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked LTE XT1527. I just got it today and setup everything, but my phone is on 5.0.2 and keeps telling me I'm up to date. Is there any reason why it's not seeing the 5.1 update yet?

Werewolf35

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I know what your talking about. It's the "moto display" thing. You have to swipe down from the center to unlock the phone. It's very buggy and ****ty in general. Then it off in settings and the phone will be much better runinng

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
When it's plugged into the USB charging it is almost impossible to swipe between home screens or pull down the notification center (it just bounces right back up without going fully down), plus trying to use the swipe text is a no go: just doesn't register cohesive or sensible words at all but when unplugged it works fine. Even manual key type is slow and often wrong on the auto correct. Wondered if this was normal for Moto or was a bug in 5.0.2 (a phone that cant be used when needing to be charged every day is a bit pointless).

I once experienced the exact same behaviour with my Nexus 5 with one of the chargers that was at my Dad's house. Only that specific charger would generate that behaviour. Only whilst plugged in. So it is the charger's fault. Not the phone itself :)

Last edited: