Moto E- internal memory query?

bayern_tig

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
First of all, sorry for posting in the moto g thread, there's no moto e thread as of now.

Just wanted to know whether 4gb internal memory of which 2 or so usable will be enough.
I don't play games, just install around 40 apps max. Will 2gb be enough? Thanks in advance.
I'm currently using a windows phone so don't know how much apps consume space on android. :)

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the 40 apps you use. Still you will defiantly need that SD card, because in the long run this will not be enough. I mean if you store pics and music on the phone. Just for apps. I think it could be a little tight there but it can get the job done. Regular apps are not that big. Some get to 80 mb like Facebook but it will be fine. I'm just not sure if the cached memory goes in the usable 2 gigs or the non-usable. It around 350mb.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

bayern_tig

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Will definitely be getting an SD. Also I was wondering whether it would be possible to install or move apps to SD card on kitkat.?

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It won't be enough, I heard about 2.2gb is free, but then you will get OTA updates, which need free space to do so, and Motorola apps updates which will take more space as well. Ofcourse, like me, I will enabled ART will make apps even bigger.

But SD cards are so cheap now. You can get 64gb for $30 or less.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Apps can be moved to the SD card on this handset. I've been playing/working with one today. Also tried some high end gaming and all ran smoothly.