Internal Storage

Comerman

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks, sorry if this has been posted already. My son got a moto E with 4GB internal storage today but in "storage " it says total space is 2,21GB with only 1.30GB available. I'm guessing this is down to preinstalled apps like maps, Google play music picassa up loader etc. My question is can I clean off any of the unwanted stuff?? he only plays a few games, facebook etc,

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Check under apps in the setting menu. Several should be able to be disabled.

Screenshot_2014-05-21-18-27-28.png
Uninstall updates then hit Disable. That should reduce the space they take and stop them from running.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing this is down to preinstalled apps like maps, Google play music picassa up loader etc. My question is can I clean off any of the unwanted stuff??

Its not the just the pre-installed apps that are taking up the space. The operating system (Android) takes most of the space that is already used. Its the same on most handsets. My 32GB Nexus 5 only has about 28GB of user memory. Removing pre-installed apps wont make much of a difference.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you want the bare minimum, you're gonna have to build it yourself. Even Google preloads apps onto devices.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)