Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: We've got the Moto G, here's the place to ask your questions

ελληνικά is in the Languages menu, it is quad-band, and I don't see that there would be any SIM compatibility issues!

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

Might have already been covered earlier, but how's this phone compared to the Nexus 4? Does it feel faster and snappier or about the same? Battery life? Quality of display? What about running apps? Does either phone have an edge when it comes to more demanding apps and games? In the walk through podcast it was mentioned that it felt comparable to a Nexus 4 experience but they didn't elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    Might have already been covered earlier, but how's this phone compared to the Nexus 4? Does it feel faster and snappier or about the same? Battery life? Quality of display? What about running apps? Does either phone have an edge when it comes to more demanding apps and games? In the walk through podcast it was mentioned that it felt comparable to a Nexus 4 experience but they didn't elaborate.
    I've previously owned a Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 (returned due to WiFi issues) so I can compare it to the Nexus 4 for you.

As for speed and snappiness it feels about the same as the Nexus 4 to me, no really noticeable lag anywhere. Chrome can slow down a bit on heavy webpages but it does on most phones. Apps load quickly too.

I was really impressed with the display myself. Seems comparable in clarity to the Nexus 4 albeit a bit smaller (feels about the same height but narrower). Colours are a lot more saturated than the Nexus 4 too. Not quite AMOLED saturation but definitely not as "washed out" as the Nexus 4.

I'm not a big phone gamer so I can't comment on how it performs with demanding apps.

Now, battery life. The "all day battery" was one of things that made me get this to tide me over until whatever new toy comes out next year (Moto X please!) and I'm not disappointed. My Nexus 4 usually managed to last until about 6PM on a good day with average usage. My Nexus 5 lasted until mid afternoon. This thing hit 12% as I was getting into bed at 11PM. That's with 4 hours 32 mins of screen-on time, Pocket Casts running and downloading for a few hours, Play Music streaming over Bluetooth to my car and even WiFi tethering from about 9PM (I wanted to see if I could kill it!)

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 
    jdbii likes this.

Hi, I am thinking about getting a MOTO G but then I found out that no wall charger is available with it. I was a little disappointed since I always use the charger supplied with a phone. I never use other manufacturer's chargers. I once charged with another company's charger and it took way too long to charge and the charge dropped really quickly.
    But, I might try it so my question: will charging it by another company's charger affect its battery life? I really can't hook it up to my laptop for long.

Thank you.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Hakim View Post
    Hi, I am thinking about getting a MOTO G but then I found out that no wall charger is available with it. I was a little disappointed since I always use the charger supplied with a phone. I never use other manufacturer's chargers. I once charged with another company's charger and it took way too long to charge and the charge dropped really quickly.
    But, I might try it so my question: will charging it by another company's charger affect its battery life? I really can't hook it up to my laptop for long.

Thank you.
    The charger that came with my Moto X is still in the box.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Thanks for the response. We have a team investigating -- I'll let you know what we come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by xllusion View Post
    Apps download fine from Google Play but when I test my apps, I copy apk onto the phone, they don't install from file manager...
    Also someone mentioned that factory reset will fix the issue but I tried factory reset twice without any success.

My system version is: 14.71.8.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB

The charger will impact the time to charge, but should not hurt battery life itself. Virtually any Motorola charger will work and most others that fit will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Hakim View Post

Thank you.
    Ry and Bilal Hakim like this.

Wez Knowles, what can you say about cameras? Whitch one is better?

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wez Knowles View Post
    I've previously owned a Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 (returned due to WiFi issues) so I can compare it to the Nexus 4 for you.

As for speed and snappiness it feels about the same as the Nexus 4 to me, no really noticeable lag anywhere. Chrome can slow down a bit on heavy webpages but it does on most phones. Apps load quickly too.

I was really impressed with the display myself. Seems comparable in clarity to the Nexus 4 albeit a bit smaller (feels about the same height but narrower). Colours are a lot more saturated than the Nexus 4 too. Not quite AMOLED saturation but definitely not as "washed out" as the Nexus 4.

I'm not a big phone gamer so I can't comment on how it performs with demanding apps.

Now, battery life. The "all day battery" was one of things that made me get this to tide me over until whatever new toy comes out next year (Moto X please!) and I'm not disappointed. My Nexus 4 usually managed to last until about 6PM on a good day with average usage. My Nexus 5 lasted until mid afternoon. This thing hit 12% as I was getting into bed at 11PM. That's with 4 hours 32 mins of screen-on time, Pocket Casts running and downloading for a few hours, Play Music streaming over Bluetooth to my car and even WiFi tethering from about 9PM (I wanted to see if I could kill it!)

I'm impressed. It find it pretty cool how far the smartphone experience has developed over the last year. It was only 12 months ago that people were scrambling to get their hands on a Nexus 4 and in some case willing to pay upwards of $500 USD. Now to be at a place where you can get a similar experience with much improved battery life for under $200 USD is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by pepan87 View Post
    Wez Knowles, what can you say about cameras? Whitch one is better?
    Between the Nexus 4 and Moto G?

The Nexus 4. It's not a massive gap, you can get some pretty decent pictures from the Moto G in good lighting but once it gets a little darker you get some graininess and blur coming in.

If the Nexus 4 camera was a 7 out of 10, I'd give the Moto G a good 5 or 6 I think.

Does anyone know when it is coming to Malaysia? price in Malaysian Ringgits? Any ideas and timeframe?

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
    Does anyone know when it is coming to Malaysia? price in Malaysian Ringgits? Any ideas and timeframe?

AFAIK Malaysia is part of the "Wave 2" rollout so sometime early next year. No idea on pricing.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Will the GSM version sold in Europe be exactly the same version as the GSM version sold in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoGuy View Post
    Thanks for the response. We have a team investigating -- I'll let you know what we come up with.
    Thanks, actually there are quite a few people having this problem as well and factory reset solved their problem.
    Fortunately the 3rd time factory reset fixed the issue for me but this problem shouldn't be there at first place...

Moto G- Battery Life?
    Can anyone shed some light on "screen on times" and usage patterns with 3G data on?

Quote Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
    Moto G- Battery Life?
    Can anyone shed some light on "screen on times" and usage patterns with 3G data on?

Any thoughts guys on battery life of the Moto G??

How does it feel in the hand? Does it fit well on a medium-size hands? Does it notice too much thick?
    About camera, how does it compare versus the sony ericsson xperia neo or kind of
    what about the price of the shells? It seems the smartphone is quite cheap but not in the same way for the shells... Ive heard that can be cost around 20$, Im pretty interested in the flip cover shell.
    Thanks for the replies!

Can anyone explain how to get a dual SIM Moto G in the UK, by some kind of importing method? I have been web trawling for days without joy..

My dream phone -moto g dual SIM

Apparently it comes without a wall charger.

How long does it take to charger via usb?

Can i use any micro usb wall charger? I have a nexus 7 (2012 edition), would that asus wall charger do? I don't want it to explode or melt like apples tend to do when using another brand charger.

Quote Originally Posted by jozepf View Post
    Apparently it comes without a wall charger.

How long does it take to charger via usb?

Can i use any micro usb wall charger? I have a nexus 7 (2012 edition), would that asus wall charger do? I don't want it to explode or melt like apples tend to do when using another brand charger.
    According to the Phones4u salesman when I tested one in store you can use any micro usb wall charger. The rating varies slightly from something like 0.5A to 2.1A depending on manufacturer and price. The higher the amp rating the faster the recharge time. Even if you use a 2.1A micro usb charger from a tablet your phone will be ok (although I understand it may get a bit warm) I am just going to use the chargers I already have to avoid having to buy another. My old blackberry charger and cable fits and so does the plug that came with my Ipad mini (the plug itself has a usb socket so can connect Moto G usb cable to it)

Hey all,

A tablet charger will charge it faster (my RAZR i got charged in about 1 hour with a Xoom 2 charger from 5% to 100%).

But it might also shorten battery life over time. We are talking half a year to a year of every day charging with a tablet charger here. As far as I know charging faster than normal produces little cracks in the material. Not sure how, but over time, the capacity of the battery will lower.
    Personal experinece: My RAZR i would last from 7am to 6pm with my user habits. After charging it all the time with a Xoom 2 charger the battery went down from 7am to 4:30pm.

As long as the Ampere values don't vary too much you should be fine. Best would be of course to use branded chargers, they are safer.

Cheers,

Nicole

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando PG View Post
    How does it feel in the hand? Does it fit well on a medium-size hands? Does it notice too much thick?
    About camera, how does it compare versus the sony ericsson xperia neo or kind of
    what about the price of the shells? It seems the smartphone is quite cheap but not in the same way for the shells... Ive heard that can be cost around 20$, Im pretty interested in the flip cover shell.
    Thanks for the replies!
    The phone feels good in the hand...much better quality than I expected, although the camera just ok. The Moto G really is exceptionally good value for money. Battery covers in the UK will be 8.99 and the flip covers will be 18.99.

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

When is it going to be released in the US?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

It feels nice, the slight curve to the back and the weight means it sits in your hand well. My hands are not small and the Moto G fits far nicer than the Nexus 5, which for me is a bit too big. It's also not as slippery in your hand compared to the Nexus 5, the dimple on the back with the Motorola "M" not only looks cool but sometimes your index finger naturally sits there and reassures you that it won't slip from your grasp.
    I don't think the quality of the design and materials shows up in pictures or video, you have to see it in real life...I've had it for a few days and I still find it hard to believe that it only cost 135 (8gb).
    Everyone I've shown it to, iPhone users, HTC users, Nexus users have all been shocked by how good it is for such a ridiculously low price.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast