We've got the Moto G, here's the place to ask your questions

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What will be the stocking quantity of the Moto G, will be it widely available or will they 'do a Google' and produce it only in small numbers?

Here in the UK we were told yesterday of multiple retail and carrier partners, so at least here it's going to be available in good numbers and from multiple sources

- - - Updated - - -

Is the battery accessible/removable? It looked that way during the backplate demo in the unveiling.

No. The rear shell comes off but only for access to SIM card and to replace the shell.

xllusion

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Just got Moto G from phones4u in UK today, it is fast for this price! But after testing some apps with it, I found that I can't install APKs from popular file explorers such as ES File Explorer and ASTRO File Manager... (Install from unknown sources is checked)

However, if I upload apk to Google drive or use adb install, they all install fine... Can you check if that is the case, thanks!

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there any video out? Mhl? Micro HDMI?

Posted via Android Central App

I'd like to know this as-well, if not MHL, slimport or at a push Miracast?

Edit - OK confirmed by Motorola support - no it doesn't support any video out standard. Shame.

Last edited:

iainmann

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's just to the left of the earpiece (to the right of the front camera). It's very very small and doesn't glow very brightly, but useful to have. I haven't yet been able to make it flash different colours...seems only yellowish white is there.

NikosNx

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello! Can anyone please tell me if Greek language is supported for the UI (UK version)? Also, If GSM bands are the same with any other country-compatible phone, will Moto G work ok here in Greece? Is there any other limitation like sim card origin?

MotoGuy

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
xllusion, do they not load if downloaded from Google Play? Also, can you post the system version on your phone?

Hi,

Just got Moto G from phones4u in UK today, it is fast for this price! But after testing some apps with it, I found that I can't install APKs from popular file explorers such as ES File Explorer and ASTRO File Manager... (Install from unknown sources is checked)

However, if I upload apk to Google drive or use adb install, they all install fine... Can you check if that is the case, thanks!

Last edited:

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My brother is going to Europe in January and he needs a new phone, I recommended the Moto G. He's on ATT.

My two questions:

If he buys the phone in Europe, will it be unlocked and compatible with 3G on ATT in the US?
If I buy it for him here in the US and ship it to him in Europe, will it be unlocked and compatible with networks in Europe?

Any sources with info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

xllusion

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
xllusion, do they not load if downloaded from Google Play? Also, can you post the system version on your phone?

Apps download fine from Google Play but when I test my apps, I copy apk onto the phone, they don't install from file manager...
Also someone mentioned that factory reset will fix the issue but I tried factory reset twice without any success.

My system version is: 14.71.8.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1