Moto G rSAP Sim Access Profile for VW bluetooth

ds43

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Just trying to setup my new Moto G to pair with my car. Previous phones have been very easy to do but no idea how to add rSAP feature to an Android phone. Had a quick look at rSAP for Android and now more confused than ever!

Is there a way of doing this? Is there a way of doing it without 'hacking' my phone - Its my first Android and I am not very confident about all that yet.

Any help/ pointers would be great thanks:)

Nicole Summers

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi ds43,
No Motorola phone supports rSAP (remote SIM access profile), only PBAB (phone book access profile). In my knowledge, you can't add a profile.
Can you just import your contacts from the SIM to the phone? If your car stereo supports PBAB, it should pick it up. Does it work?
Cheers,
Nicole

ds43

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Nicole,
I'm not too bothered about contacts from the sim but the problem is the system will not connect to normal bluetooth, only to rSAP profile enabled phones. Frustratingly A few years ago when trying to pair my Blackberry, forums said 'if only you had an Android phone - simple app to download' so I never even considered the issue before buying the Moto G.
Thanks anyway but don't think there is a way around this, although if anyone does know one please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech