Any Moto G purchased from motorola ship?

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, I ordered a flip cover that was supposed to ship last week (no update yet) and a 16GB US version that should ship this week.

Haven't heard of anyone else getting theirs shipped so figured I'd ask.

Has Motorola shipped anything yet?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you're in the US I don't think they ship until the 11th?

Off Topic: My Nexus 4 screen broke and I ordered a new screen.. I broke that new one before I could even use it. $150 down the drain!! I can't believe I did that... I'm going to have to bite the bullet though and buy ANOTHER screen for my Nexus 4.. In total it will cost me almost $300 to fix a phone that I could sell for probably only $250..

Figured I'll just buy a Moto G since it's not much more expensive than getting just the screen for my Nexus 4!

I was just on Amazon and pre-ordered one. It says they get released on the 11th.

adr551

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Amazon's been saying the 11th, but buying from Motorola's site directly, they've been saying the 9th (still do, in fact: "Availability: Preorder Dec 9, 2013"). Although my email confirmation said it'd ship "the week of the 9th", so they're being suitably vague.

adr551

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Someone posted this to the XDA forums today:

I talked to Motorola customer support today. Their warehouse is in Fort Worth, Texas and they have the day off for the snow. They're not shipping today. The woman I spoke to estimated I'd have my phone on the 14th.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well before the 14th or on the 14th (Saturday delivery) would be ok, it's just the lack of info. Of course I still have a missing case that was supposed to ship last week.

tastisnax

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I suppose it's actually good they're being vague with their projected shipping dates in this instance. Better than being disappointed if they can't come through with the expected date. The state of the weather is preventing them from being consistent.

Posted via Android Central App

Jonnie_Cat

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My flip case arrived yesterday, and the Moto site still shows "not shipped" for the status of that order. No phone yet, of course... and now I've got no confidence that they'll tell me when it ships, I expect it to just show up.

H Class

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine 12/1 and the Motorola site said it would beginning shipping 12/2 but when I got the confirmation email the new ship date was the week of 12/9.

I called Motorola yesterday just for a status update and they said its at the warehouse ready to ship and that they are just waiting for FedEx to come pick it up. They said they would email a tracking number when available. So we'll see.

If I don't get it by the end of the week I'll call back.

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the 12/2 date was for the Global Model. The US model had a 12/9 ship date.

Moto should have made this clearer, I received my Global model on the 3rd.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I called today, and no tracking number provided but they said it was waiting to go to fedex and should be delivered by the 14th at the latest. So I guess I'll wait an see.

The case I ordered apparently was delivered yesterday afternoon. I didn't see it, and I checked just about the time they said it was delivered, I'll have to go double check.

dskye98

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I ordered 12/3, no shipping date yet. However I finally show a charge to my bank today for the full amount instead of the 1.10. Fingers crossed

Connervt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... Ordered 16GB US on 11/27, still only have the $1.10 charge from then. :(

(edit: See I missed the shift key on $1.10 -- wasn't 41.10. Sorry)

Last edited:

user313

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I had originally ordered a 16 GB US version from Motorola directly on the first date it was published here as available (11/27?) and I was charged the full amount right away (not an authorization). Eventually I was able to cancel the order and place one with Amazon instead. Mine still has not shipped from Amazon but still shows estimated delivery of 12/13 but the new order window shows 4 to 6 week wait. Hopefully this is not delayed. Motorola is so clueless with their direct sales and apparently Amazon is not getting good information from them either.

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my phone on Thu 11/28 around 10pm, expecting shipment on 11/9. Earlier this week I heard about the weather delays just to my north (in Ft Worth TX), and I just received an email from Motorola (7:08pm CST Wed 2013-12-11). I'll paste it here:

Hi <my name>,

As you may have heard, large parts of the United States were hit by winter storm Dion, including our fulfillment center in Fort Worth, Texas. Our operations are still recovering from the storm’s impact while also trying to keep up with the incredible demand for Moto G.

For these reasons, your phone order wasn’t shipped when we originally estimated. We sincerely apologize for the delay and want you to know that your Moto G will ship by December 17th via a free upgrade to overnight delivery. (We’ll still send you a shipping confirmation with tracking number so you can see a more accurate delivery day/time.)

We know how excited you are to receive your phone, and we’re so grateful you chose Moto G. Thanks again for your purchase—and for your patience.

Sincerely,
The Moto Maker Team

P.S. - Some customers may see a charge of approximately $1.10 initially on their credit card statement. We’ll then charge the remaining balance once Moto G ships.

Connervt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, just got the same email a little while ago.

Just better get here in time for Christmas - it is a present for my son.

(of course, he'll have to let me play with it some...)

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Got the delay email as well. Funny that as early as today they were saying over the phone it would ship to arrive by the 14th. Also I have a pending charge on my credit card from the 10th for the full price, but nothing has hit all the way through yet. And for the record I ordered on the 26th for the US 16GB version.

My case did arrive, but it's going back. The color is not at all as described or what it looked like on the website (at least on any monitor/screen at my house).

adr551

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My case did arrive, but it's going back. The color is not at all as described or what it looked like on the website (at least on any monitor/screen at my house).
What color did you get? I was thinking about the "Royal Blue", but after looking for more photos I realized that it was actually just royal blue, and not the neat dark teal-ish color Moto's pics made it look like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza