SmoothSync apps for Apple devices to Android devices

t1234

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm slowly getting the hang of my first android and able to sync my apple address book to gmail. However I have not been able to find a way to keep both either the Contacts and Calendars on my apple devices seamlessly synced with the Moto G. I did a search and some folks have indicated this can ONLY be done via a third party app.

1. Am asking for help with a solution - is there a way to sync or does one need to purchase a third party app?
2. Does anyone have experiences with the SmoothSync apps - there are two, SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar and SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts?

Thanks!

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the third party application MissingSync to sync between my Mac and Android phones. It's is not always the most reliable (get's hung up somtimes and doesn't sync until sync services is restarted) but overall it works.

Problem is that if you have upgraded to Maverick on your mac you are likely out of luck. Maverick has dropped support for local sync services so almost no way to sync with out using cloud accounts.

t1234

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
If your going the google cloud route you can always setup iCal and Address book on your mac to sync with google:
https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/99358?hl=en
https://support.google.com/a/answer/1366863?hl=en

I should have been clearer - I did already search google help and found the above links and set up as they instructed.

However, on my apple devices including MacBook, in my calendars I have several categories. Under iCloud, I have work, personal, medical. Under google, I have my gmail account name. After setting up my Moto G, whenever I create an event in my gmail account on my Moto G, it will automatically sync and show up on my apple devices. However, whenever I create an event on my apple devices that is in my iCloud [not in the gmail category] category, it currently does not sync to the Moto G.

That latter linkage is what I am searching for.... :)

I'm using the third party application MissingSync to sync between my Mac and Android phones. .

I used missingsync for my BB but want somehow that does via cloud/wifi and on the fly in possible. Thanks!

Last edited:

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, yeah, I haven't seen a solution for that. Me personally, I don't sync with the google cloud, but want to have cloud syncing. Started building out my own personal cloud with the SOGo: Open Source Groupware project. But don't think that would solve your needs either.

t1234

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
To answer my own query, the SmoothSync apps works both ways. Just downloaded the iCloud Calendar and it's syncing all of my iCloud events [slowly but surely]. I can't seem to find settings that allows you to limit to last 6 months...will email developer.