Moto G - Increasing Volume with Music

malifact

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post on the forum and the Moto G is my first Android phone (I converted from an iPhone 4). I have a question (which might be a strange one) about setting the volume when playing music. I like to listen to music at quite low volumes and I find if I use the side buttons to control the volume, I can't find my ideal level. Basically, the level I have at the moment is a bit too quiet. But if I go up to the next level it is a bit too loud. I have downloaded a couple of apps like PowerAmp and PlayerPro that have volume sliders, but they just seem to correspond to the volume buttons on the Moto G. Is there an app that can "finetune" the volume, or is this a limitation of the Moto G's hardware?

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Increasing Volume with Music

When you change the volume, you should see a bar appear on your screen showing you the volume level. Android_Volume_tip_1.png Try to take the big highlighted dot and slide it to the wanted volume level. Tell me if it helped.

malifact

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Increasing Volume with Music

Thanks for the reply. I do not have that equaliser button when adjusting the volume, just the slider bar. I think I probably explained what I want to do poorly. Say I have the volume at zero and then I raise it on the slider up two notches. That level is a little too low. But if I move it up one more notch it is a little two loud. I would like to be able to adjust it so the volume level is in between 2 and 3, as that is my ideal listening volume. It was easy to do this on my old iPhone but I can't seem to be able to do it using any music app on the Moto G.

jajo_11

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
You can root your phone and add a xposed module alowing you to add more steps to the volume bar for more accurate volume control. So its no Hardware polroblem but a software problem.

GravityMan

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I believe that's a limitation of stock android....the volume is set in 'steps' and every app controls the audio like that.....

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

GravityMan

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You can root your phone and add a xposed module alowing you to add more steps to the volume bar for more accurate volume control. So its no Hardware polroblem but a software problem.

Seeing as you are from n iPhone, you might not know what 'rooting' is.....but in any case its likely a software issue....

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
PowerAmp's equalizer and the equalizer on the moto g might help. Play around with them and see if it fines tunes the volume for u

Sent from my XT1031 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol