Moto G - Start up Graphics

smartiekins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
After forgetting to plug my phone in, I restarted my phone this morning, & the Motorola startup animation was different, and Christmas themed! I like hidden little things like this, so was just wondering if anyone knew how often it changed, as I don't often turn my phone off.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Start up Graphics

I'm not sure but there was a thread on this in the Moto X forum. I guess it's a nice extra Motorola is doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

After forgetting to plug my phone in, I restarted my phone this morning, & the Motorola startup animation was different, and Christmas themed! I like hidden little things like this, so was just wondering if anyone knew how often it changed, as I don't often turn my phone off.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hi smartiekins,

There was an article about it here on androidcentral
Basically the Christmas boot up runs until January the 6th, don't know if it then reverts back to the original boot up animation or if Motorola have a new one...I presume they added this feature so they could send you new ones for particular events, similar to Google Doodles
What's slightly concerning is that they can change your boot up animation to show anything they want, when they want.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Hi smartiekins,

There was an article about it here on androidcentral
Basically the Christmas boot up runs until January the 6th, don't know if it then reverts back to the original boot up animation or if Motorola have a new one...I presume they added this feature so they could send you new ones for particular events, similar to Google Doodles
What's slightly concerning is that they can change your boot up animation to show anything they want, when they want.

Why is that anymore concerning than anything else they do...

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Why is that anymore concerning than anything else they do...

Hi,
There are lots of concerns from a data protection and privacy pov about Google and Android, everyone has their own thoughts on how much data about themselves they want to give away. Personally I try and shut down as much as possible, gps, location, apps sending data back to the "source" etc...but as I said each to their own.
There's nothing to stop Google changing your boot screen to an advert or a political mesage if they wanted, some people will care while others won't...what's next, Google buying a robotics company that makes killer robots for the defence industry...oh, wait...lol.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
There are lots of concerns from a data protection and privacy pov about Google and Android, everyone has their own thoughts on how much data about themselves they want to give away. Personally I try and shut down as much as possible, gps, location, apps sending data back to the "source" etc...but as I said each to their own.
There's nothing to stop Google changing your boot screen to an advert or a political mesage if they wanted, some people will care while others won't...what's next, Google buying a robotics company that makes killer robots for the defence industry...oh, wait...lol.

I understand. If they put anything other than a cute holiday boot animation it would be a lot worse. For now all they want is money, so I think we're safe, as much as 2013/2014 will allow anyway.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are worried about privacy, then seriously in all honesty an Android phone probably isn't for you. Not with a search engine ad firm running the show.

Posted via Android Central App