Moto G sold more than 1 Million units

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto G sold more than 500 K units

Glad to get some general numbers. I was hoping this phone would sell well to give Motorola a reason to make a new one next year. I love this phone but am already interested to see what it could be with some advancements

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

awesome!! I've had mine and I am still so happy about buying it! Motorola has a great thing here!

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Once sales start to taper off, it will be interesting what Motorola does. They might try different colors. Also, a new model which could be with more features. I'm sure they have a strategy already mapped out.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Once sales start to taper off, it will be interesting what Motorola does. They might try different colors. Also, a new model which could be with more features. I'm sure they have a strategy already mapped out.

thats when they lower the price when they reduce the manufacturing cost.

and there is huge market for Moto G in the developing countries where people want a cheap phone which dont suck

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

and there is huge market for Moto G in the developing countries where people want a cheap phone which dont suck

which is the case of my country, Brazil!
the Moto G is a big hit here! a true success XD

and i'm not sure everyone knows Moto G launch party was here too, in Sao Paulo and that it was also first available here in Brazil!

we have two special editions: Colors (you get 3 colorful covers) and Music (you get a Sol Republic wireless headphone)! aaand the normal single-sim (which is only sold in 8Gb version) and dual-sim (which is sold in both 8Gb and 16Gb and also is the version that comes with either Colors or Music)

sent from my Moto G

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

This would worry me. I would suspect that the Motorola engineers didn't leave a lot of "meat on the bones" that could be removed to lower costs without seriously impacting the performance of this phone. Yes, you could replace the glass with a cheap plastic, you could replace the quadcore processor with a cheaper, low performing microprocessor, you could cut the memory in half, and you could move the manufacturing location. In the end, do you have a phone that same phone? Of course not and you may have moved yourself out of the sales niche that made you successful.

I would hope if Motorola wants to compete in a new market segment, they should not screw up the "G" but come out with a different model.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

This would worry me. I would suspect that the Motorola engineers didn't leave a lot of "meat on the bones" that could be removed to lower costs without seriously impacting the performance of this phone. Yes, you could replace the glass with a cheap plastic, you could replace the quadcore processor with a cheaper, low performing microprocessor, you could cut the memory in half, and you could move the manufacturing location. In the end, do you have a phone that same phone? Of course not and you may have moved yourself out of the sales niche that made you successful.

I would hope if Motorola wants to compete in a new market segment, they should not screw up the "G" but come out with a different model.

when they reduce manufacturing cost it doesnt mean they replace the device with lower spec components.
when any product sell more the vendors will reduce the price and if they make enough device the manufacturing cost goes down as well

lets say cost to make 1 device is 500k but cost to make 10 would only be 600k and as the number goes up the cost sharing goes down as well.

allm42

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
That's True!!! I got mine on the first week it was launched on the online Motorola store. It took four days to reach my address. Also , It got kit kat Last February 14. I have the Colors Edition. Only Wish they had subbed the yellow back case for the navy blue.

Posted via Android Central App