Mobile data does not work on E and G networks

Ding Dong2

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
My problem it that my Moto G doesn't load webpages when on Edgevand GPRS networks. However the internet works fine when its connected to H and H+ networks. Where I work E and G networks is only available. When I try to load webpages . it doesn't it just times out . does anyone have a potential solution other than resetting phone. I bought my phone from tesco and it is locked to tesco.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My problem it that my Moto G doesn't load webpages when on Edgevand GPRS networks. However the internet works fine when its connected to H and H+ networks. Where I work E and G networks is only available. When I try to load webpages . it doesn't it just times out . does anyone have a potential solution other than resetting phone. I bought my phone from tesco and it is locked to tesco.
EDGE and GPRS are extremely slow, most of the time the webpage fails to load because the connection isn't good enough. Voice and messaging should still work well

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
EDGE and GPRS are extremely slow, most of the time the webpage fails to load because the connection isn't good enough. Voice and messaging should still work well

Quick question, is T-Mobile 3G edge? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the o2 network - as of course is Tesco - and Chrome takes an absolute eternity to load on Edge.

Try an alternative browser: Opera Mobile seems to function, and Dolphin amongst others would also be worth a try