4.4.2 KitKat update is available now in the UK ?

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
According to a few tech articles (T3.com, Techradar.com etc) the KitKat update for the Moto G is available in the UK.
I just checked and there's no update available for me yet...anyone have it ?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
According to a few tech articles (T3.com, Techradar.com etc) the KitKat update for the Moto G is available in the UK.

Neither of which name their "sources".

Either way, I'll be back at the queue as only reset my phone a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
My Moto G has just updated to 4.4.2 (I'm in the UK) - I don't know what I should be expecting?

Say OK Google and talk with it. :)
Yeah, UK Tesco got the update this week and still not for Retail UK version. Kinda weird that carrier lock get the updates before retail unlocked version and I got retail UK, still no update. :p

Tara100

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Say OK Google and talk with it. :)
Yeah, UK Tesco got the update this week and still not for Retail UK version. Kinda weird that carrier lock get the updates before retail unlocked version and I got retail UK, still no update. :p

Yes I know how to Google, and thank you for referring me there, but I joined an android forum so that I could receive views and recommendations about posts. I'm new to these phones, and thought I'd get help here.
I suppose this forum may as well close, as technically, all the help anyone will ever need is found through Googling, which generally directs you to other forums where helpful people have guided others! :confused:

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know how to Google, and thank you for referring me there, but I joined an android forum so that I could receive views and recommendations about posts. I'm new to these phones, and thought I'd get help here.
I suppose this forum may as well close, as technically, all the help anyone will ever need is found through Googling, which generally directs you to other forums where helpful people have guided others! :confused:

I dont know why u are getting upset for, mine post didnt mean anything to u and Ok Google is a new feature, that are only aviable for 4.4. It also works even with screen off and is a nice new feature.
Google Experience aka launcher, "Google Always listening" with OK Google vocie activation is one of the major new feature with 4.4 update.
That the only reason I wrote the post and nothing else.