Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Still no 4.4.2 update Moto G UK

I have bought a sim free Moto G from amazon in the UK. I still haven't received the update. My phone says it is up to date when I click System Updates, is there any way to check when my phone will get it or do I just keep waiting?

Default Re: Still no 4.4.2 update Moto G UK

Quote Originally Posted by shmeeeel View Post
    I have bought a sim free Moto G from amazon in the UK. I still haven't received the update. My phone says it is up to date when I click System Updates, is there any way to check when my phone will get it or do I just keep waiting?
    I haven't had my UK, Phones4u Moto G update either...I'm not sure I want it judging by the issues others have been having.
    Seems like a lottery for next to no gain, I've read on various forums of problems after the KitKat update...most about lag and jerkiness compared to the same phone/apps in Jellybean.
    I asked Phil and Jerry about updating to KitKat on the Moto G on their last podcast, and the fact that there was little or no difference in use...Jerry said if there's no difference then why not update ?...but there is a difference, and the difference is that it's worse.
    Each to their own and all that, I think a lot of people are trying to convince themselves that the Moto G is "faster, better etc" with KitKat but it looks like a placebo effect...I'll stick with Jellybean for now since it works perfectly well.
    Anyway...it's just a phone.