Moto G battery life

groovynik

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
recently purchased moto g 16 gb and couldnt fault it, battery life great etc that is up till yesterday when updates available on phone and now battery is running down really quickly. can anybody say there having this problem and if is is there anything that can be done to stop this happening..... thanks

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
after an update always give your phone a day or 2 to "settle in". You may be using your phone a bit more to check the update, or maybe your battery took a hit while downloading the update. Maybe some apps needed to update themselves to the new update.

Give it a day or 2 and keep an eye on it. That being said I have heard that the 4.4.2 on the new Moto phones might affect battery life in a negative way. I haven't really dug into it much though

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
recently purchased moto g 16 gb and couldnt fault it, battery life great etc that is up till yesterday when updates available on phone and now battery is running down really quickly. can anybody say there having this problem and if is is there anything that can be done to stop this happening..... thanks

Look at the battery monitor. Turn battery saver mode on. Put screen brightness to auto. This will solve your problem.

rawr66

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with battery life. Before the update my phone was getting upwards of 30 hours of use with 5 hours on screen time. Once I even managed 7 hours on screen. Now my phone drains so easily.

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with battery life. Before the update my phone was getting upwards of 30 hours of use with 5 hours on screen time. Once I even managed 7 hours on screen. Now my phone drains so easily.

You mean update to kitkat?

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As has been said, give it a few days, maybe consider a factory reset, run one discharge to shutdown and full recharge cycle, double check that you are happy with settings for location services etc. I've had 4.4.2 for 6 days so far, first 2-3 days battery life was terrible, but last few days it's improved to pretty much the same level as it was on 4.3.

Mafiatounes

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine had the same issue, it drained hard after kitkat and then it stopped at 5% and stayed there for 2h of heavy use. Clearly calibration is off so just do a drain till phone dies and then charge to 100% = battery drain gone.

Sent from my Moto Gee with Kitkat / Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Caz42

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, didn't notice at first but have definately noticed more battery drain now on kitkat. Hoping it's just a settling in period as others have mentioned and not permanent as my battery before was much better..

wareagleash

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
My battery life seems the same. I mostly use it for phone/email, but it gets heavy use. I can go full day at office without even worrying about battery. With my 4S I had to make sure I charged it in afternoon if had any plans after 5ish.

Posted via Android Central App

groovynik

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
after afew days my phone battery has settled down and back to what it was so im happy with that tho i di also put battery saver on and adjusted the brightness to be on the safe side as one of the replys to post suggested. thanx..... since the update as u will no there is new smiley icons on the phone keyboard. now while i text and put a smiley in it shows up as on the text but when i send the text the smiley is gone... does anyone no how this can be sorted or does tis just depend on what phone u are texting and if they can receive the new smileys.... i no this isnt a major problem but im just curious lol... thanx... any feedback appreciated.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't know how much this adds, but my battery indicator dropped from around 60% to 29% during the Kitkat upgrade, but since I recharged the phone it's been fine - the battery maybe even lasts a bit longer. I'm not using battery saver (are there any downsides to this?) and I have location reporting on.

MotoClive

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Re:Smileys on android 4.4.2

I have the update to KitKat but can not find these smileys on the keyboard in the phone App or Hangouts SMS App. Is there something that needs activating to use them?

FlyingSnow

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
mine (it's a moto g 8 gb, running kitkat 4.4.2) got a big dip too recently (like a week/10 days ago) - I was really happy with charging every 2-3 days :D
could be related to the update for Assist...
since I'm not a heavy phone user, and using internet sparingly

FlyingSnow

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
mine (it's a moto g 8 gb, running kitkat 4.4.2) took a big dip in battery life too ...recently (a week or so ago) ..I was so happy with a recharge every 2-3 days :D
But now it's every 24 hours !!
I'm not a heavy phone user & use internet sparingly (few apps too - Viber&Skype )
...but I noticed around that time mentioned Assist was updated...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463