Motorola Device Manager (what a waste of time!) and Picasa uploading issues...
I'm having problems transferring photos direct to desktop Picasa (never had a problem before with other phones / cameras) and stumbled across info for the Motorola Device Manager.
I downloaded it, but it does nothing! It just updates the phone and that's it, yet the blurb told me it would allow file transfers from the phone to pc quickly.
My laptop 'sees' my phone yet Picasa doesn't - I've wasted a couple of hours trying to resolve this. Yes, I know I can use apps to help, but I want to use Picasa like before - just plug in the data transfer cable, upload through Picasa, and the jobs done!
Any ideas if I've got something configured wrongly?
- 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM #2
- 26 Posts
Re: Motorola Device Manager (what a waste of time!) and Picasa uploading issues...
are you using a MAC? If so you need Android File Transfer: Android.com
If you are using Windows XP try updating your computers media structure. Download all these from the official Microsoft website though:
- NET Framework 4.0
- Windows Media Player 12
- all 3 servicepacks (SP1,2&3)
Hope that helps!
- By Thomas Day in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2015, 03:02 PM
- By shrubr in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 02-07-2014, 09:46 PM
- By pingb in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 15Last Post: 01-22-2014, 02:28 PM
- By shmotog in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2014, 03:59 AM