official cyanogenmod for moto g?

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Will there ever come an cyanogenmod or any other easy root program for the moto g? Im new to android but my friends have a rootes htc and samsung thats why im wondering if there will be one for the moto g.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Will there ever come an cyanogenmod or any other easy root program for the moto g? Im new to android but my friends have a rootes htc and samsung thats why im wondering if there will be one for the moto g.

Just one question. Why exactly do you need root access? Most people do it to get stock android, which the G already has

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Just one question. Why exactly do you need root access? Most people do it to get stock android, which the G already has

Changing the 3G Icon to properly show H+, Using Xposed Framework with XVoice+ (route all SMS through Google Voice so I can use Hangouts), Youtube AdAway (removes Ads before vids), MotoGuide (adds Charging LED so I know if my jank charger is working), Gravity Box (customize lockscreen, homescreen, status bar, and other things),

When you root, an entire world of customization is opened up to you. you can change literally everything on the phone to your liking then back up a perfect copy of that system just incase a reformat comes by.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Changing the 3G Icon to properly show H+, Using Xposed Framework with XVoice+ (route all SMS through Google Voice so I can use Hangouts), Youtube AdAway (removes Ads before vids), MotoGuide (adds Charging LED so I know if my jank charger is working), Gravity Box (customize lockscreen, homescreen, status bar, and other things),

When you root, an entire world of customization is opened up to you. you can change literally everything on the phone to your liking then back up a perfect copy of that system just incase a reformat comes by.

I know what can be done with it, I was asking him because he said he wants to have root access, just like his friends. That's not a good reason to do it, unless he needs/wants to do some of the things he mentioned.

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I know what can be done with it, I was asking him because he said he wants to have root access, just like his friends. That's not a good reason to do it, unless he needs/wants to do some of the things he mentioned.

ohhhh i see. yeah in case, rooting would be a really bad idea. Unlocking the bootloader to gain root access permanently voids warranty and has a very small chance of being relocked. If the OP already know what they want to do with Root Access, its not worth the trouble.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Ummm have you seen all the Google and Motorola stuff in the Settings - Apps Running page?

Didja notice that Maps Permissions now add Hangouts and G+ etc?

Cyanogenmod sounds like a good plan to me. :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ummm have you seen all the Google and Motorola stuff in the Settings - Apps Running page?

Didja notice that Maps Permissions now add Hangouts and G+ etc?

Cyanogenmod sounds like a good plan to me. :)
I meant mostly stock Android. The Moto stuff is actually quite useful imo, and OP didn't mention anything about bloatware :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance