Moto G: Is there a real user manual?

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Mine came with a few scraps of paper leaving me to guess what a lot of stuff means.

It just did a little jiggle noise and when I turned it on nothing was obvious.

Half an hour back, a small white LED to the left of the speaker just started flashing. What's that for?

What do all the screen icons across the very top (swipe-down menu) of the screen mean?

FDN? What's that about?

OK, so it is my first smart phone but a lot of this is not obvious to me. May just be too old. :)

Any help or helpful suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there a real User manual?

Hi,

Mine came with a few scraps of paper leaving me to guess what a lot of stuff means.

It just did a little jiggle noise and when I turned it on nothing was obvious.

Half an hour back, a small white LED to the left of the speaker just started flashing. What's that for?

What do all the screen icons across the very top (swipe-down menu) of the screen mean?

FDN? What's that about?

OK, so it is my first smart phone but a lot of this is not obvious to me. May just be too old. :)

Any help or helpful suggestions?

Thanks
The "jiggle" noise was the phone vibrating when you turned it on; every phone does that
The small white LED, is a notification light. It lets you know if you have any missed calls/messages and other reminders, which could be from your calendar, e-mail, etc.
FDN is fixed dialing number, which means that when on, you can only dial numbers in your contacts. :) Not sure how to turn if off though

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

The "jiggle" noise was the phone vibrating when you turned it on; every phone does that

Thanks, but it was just sitting on the desk. It had been there probably 15 minutes and gone to sleep after two. It just made this little warble sound. I turned it on and there was nothing I could find. I checked the call logs etc also download messages etc, nothing. No idea what it was announcing.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, but it was just sitting on the desk. It had been there probably 15 minutes and gone to sleep after two. It just made this little warble sound. I turned it on and there was nothing I could find. I checked the call logs etc also download messages etc, nothing. No idea what it was announcing.
Ah, ok. I get what you meant now. Not sure what that could have been about :eek:

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi PiggyMiddle,
Mine did something similar, in my case it was telling me of a very low battery charge, but there was no notification icon as such just an odd sound I'd not heard before.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Just found an option to turn that on or off. Might be a kitkat thing as I don't recall seeing it with 4.3

I'm pretty sure it's been there since 4.3
A lot of apps have their own notification LED setting, so that would have also been an option if there wasn't a system setting to turn it off

Posted via Android Central App