Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    I am considering purchasing one of these phones. Any suggestions on what one? Also, any network suggestions would be appreciated, but I don't plan to get a data plan. Thanks for the help!

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    For network suggestions, try the Sensorly maps to see which carriers have the best coverage in the places you're at most. There's also the Sensorly app, and the OpenSignal app which is similar but a little clearer (to me).

    I dunno about the phones, haven't heard of the Zenphone.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by William McDowell View Post
    I am considering purchasing one of these phones. Any suggestions on what one? Also, any network suggestions would be appreciated, but I don't plan to get a data plan. Thanks for the help!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Which model Zenphone are you looking at?

    (Are they even available yet?)
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    support is what I value the most. OEM and developer alike thats why i would go with G anytime.

    but if i value money or sdcard i would go with zen phone. apart from that G is better in every way.

    also it depends on what screen size you want
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Thanks for the help. I took another look at the specs and the moto g's were much better.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by William McDowell View Post
    Thanks for the help. I took another look at the specs and the moto g's were much better.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It's not just the specs. The G will have far better support, and for longer since it's owned by a Google company.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It's not just the specs. The G will have far better support, and for longer since it's owned by a Google company.

    Posted via Android Central App
    +1 also there is the GPE edition of this phone which would guarantee support for few years.
    you could convert your normal phone to GPE device. thats a + for G
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    +1 also there is the GPE edition of this phone which would guarantee support for few years.
    you could convert your normal phone to GPE device. thas a + for G
    well.. 18 months. lol.
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    well.. 18 months. lol.
    Better than the 5 or 6 the Zenphone will get it lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Better than the 5 or 6 the Zenphone will get it lol

    Posted via Android Central App
    I still find it odd that Google came out and said something to the effect of "18-month support" after the whole Galaxy Nexus/KitKat issue yet Punit Soni of Motorola says devices will be "supported for two years".
  11. #11  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I still find it odd that Google came out and said something to the effect of "18-month support" after the whole Galaxy Nexus/KitKat issue yet Punit Soni of Motorola says devices will be "supported for two years".
    Well hopefully it's the latter

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Moto G vs. Asus zenphone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I still find it odd that Google came out and said something to the effect of "18-month support" after the whole Galaxy Nexus/KitKat issue yet Punit Soni of Motorola says devices will be "supported for two years".
    Well, thats Motorola adding value to the customer just like active notification and touchless control.

    2 year support is the best since you will have latest android for about 2 and half years

Similar Threads

  1. Moto X 2 rumors? Any info on the next big thing?
    By zobog in forum Moto X (2014)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 11:42 PM
  2. Moto X tops LTE network connectivity test
    By still1 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 08:22 PM
  3. Has Anyone Replaced The Battery In A Moto X?
    By tmann202 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 02:34 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions