4.4 dialer sucks

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
dumb move downloaded kitkat. Hate the dialer popping up contacts when all I want do is dial new number.

Any way to just have numbers slide up as 4.3 used to do?

Thanks

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see anything in the settings. You could always download a new dialer app.

Thanks I understood that, but I shouldn't have to go find something to replace something that was just fine in 4.3. :(

Now, treading on eggshells here and not to sound ungrateful for the help, but -- it would be more helpful if you added a suggestion or two that might get close to emulating the 4.3 dialer. If you are using a dialer that is better than the stock one, it would save me time and frustration in wading through the 1000 dialers on the Play Store. I understand that I might not like the one you suggest, but it would be a good starting point.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks I understood that, but I shouldn't have to go find something to replace something that was just fine in 4.3. :(

Now, treading on eggshells here and not to sound ungrateful for the help, but -- it would be more helpful if you added a suggestion or two that might get close to emulating the 4.3 dialer. If you are using a dialer that is better than the stock one, it would save me time and frustration in wading through the 1000 dialers on the Play Store. I understand that I might not like the one you suggest, but it would be a good starting point.
I use and don't have a problem with the 4.4 dialer. That's why I didn't suggest another one.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but this is what I see as I don't use Contacts. Sucks but now I am stuck with it as I can't go back to 4.3.

Attachments

• dialer 01.jpg
    dialer 01.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 69
  • dialer 02.jpg
    dialer 02.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 69

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but this is what I see as I don't use Contacts. Sucks but now I am stuck with it as I can't go back to 4.3.

Hi PiggyMiddle,
I understand what you mean, I liked the Jellybean dialler and the way it worked, but to be honest you'll get used to the KitKat one very quickly and after a while you'll just accept that it is what it is.
It's one of the things that annoys me most about Google and Android, updates that are worse than the previous versions and you can't go back.
Hopefully they'll go down the route of offering app udates which you can install and uninstall at the Play Store, instead of automatically updating with new versions of Android. The Motorola gallery App is a good example, it's on Play if you want to update, if you don't you don't have to...although I'm not sure if you can uninstall it if you don't like it.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site