Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4 dialer sucks

dumb move downloaded kitkat. Hate the dialer popping up contacts when all I want do is dial new number.

Any way to just have numbers slide up as 4.3 used to do?

Thanks

Default Re: 4.4 dialer sucks

I didn't see anything in the settings. You could always download a new dialer app.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I didn't see anything in the settings. You could always download a new dialer app.
    Thanks I understood that, but I shouldn't have to go find something to replace something that was just fine in 4.3.

Now, treading on eggshells here and not to sound ungrateful for the help, but -- it would be more helpful if you added a suggestion or two that might get close to emulating the 4.3 dialer. If you are using a dialer that is better than the stock one, it would save me time and frustration in wading through the 1000 dialers on the Play Store. I understand that I might not like the one you suggest, but it would be a good starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyMiddle View Post
    Thanks I understood that, but I shouldn't have to go find something to replace something that was just fine in 4.3.

Now, treading on eggshells here and not to sound ungrateful for the help, but -- it would be more helpful if you added a suggestion or two that might get close to emulating the 4.3 dialer. If you are using a dialer that is better than the stock one, it would save me time and frustration in wading through the 1000 dialers on the Play Store. I understand that I might not like the one you suggest, but it would be a good starting point.
    I use and don't have a problem with the 4.4 dialer. That's why I didn't suggest another one.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:
    VDub2174 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks, but this is what I see as I don't use Contacts. Sucks but now I am stuck with it as I can't go back to 4.3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.4 dialer sucks-dialer-01.jpg   4.4 dialer sucks-dialer-02.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Thanks, but this is what I see as I don't use Contacts. Sucks but now I am stuck with it as I can't go back to 4.3.
    Hi PiggyMiddle,
    I understand what you mean, I liked the Jellybean dialler and the way it worked, but to be honest you'll get used to the KitKat one very quickly and after a while you'll just accept that it is what it is.
    It's one of the things that annoys me most about Google and Android, updates that are worse than the previous versions and you can't go back.
    Hopefully they'll go down the route of offering app udates which you can install and uninstall at the Play Store, instead of automatically updating with new versions of Android. The Motorola gallery App is a good example, it's on Play if you want to update, if you don't you don't have to...although I'm not sure if you can uninstall it if you don't like it.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

dumb move downloaded kitkat. Hate the dialer popping up contacts when all I want do is dial new number.

Any way to just have numbers slide up as 4.3 used to do?

Thanks
    Agreed I think the stock dialler is pretty vile and recently downloaded this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ipedial.donate

The customisation is simply amazing IMO and this one's most definitely a keeper.
    Putting out fire with gasoline