Please explain this message

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

The G has been sleeping for probably an hour and just gave a little warble and the notification LED is flashing.

I pulled down the top menu and it had "You just got Coulters number 123-555-1212"

That's not the actual number of course, but it displayed a real local number. I checked the Contacts and nothing in there. I have only had the phone 3 days and have not given the number to anyone yet until I figure out how to work it all. Still using the old flip-phone. GAK! :)

The questions are
1: Who is Coulter?
2: Why did I get his/her number?
3: How did he get my new number?
4: Where is that number stored?

Thanks

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Was it an SMS message?

Thanks, OK that let me find it, didn't think to look for Messages. The full message was just the same text though, "You just got Coulters number 123-555-1212"

Is there some way to broadcast to all numbers or something?

Is it possible to prevent them?

Thanks

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, OK that let me find it, didn't think to look for Messages. The full message was just the same text though, "You just got Coulters number 123-555-1212"

Is there some way to broadcast to all numbers or something?

Is it possible to prevent them?

Thanks

It was probably just someone who typed in the wrong number and sent that msg to your phone by accident...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It was probably just someone who typed in the wrong number and sent that msg to your phone by accident...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Agreed. I get random phone calls from Florida or Minnesota sometimes even though I don't know anyone in either state. I don't answer and they never call back

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power