Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Yes...I have Android Transfer app installed...I mean how to get the Moto G to recognise it being connected to USB mode? Mine does not seem to work!!

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    t1234's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Try file manager or ES file explorer.

    Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Quote Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
    Yes...I have Android Transfer app installed...I mean how to get the Moto G to recognise it being connected to USB mode? Mine does not seem to work!!

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Android file Transfer will automatically open with the folder in your G.

    that's how it works on my Nexus. just open the Android File Transfer
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Ok....but i mean how to select the mode? So it is recognised on my laptop (Macbook) as a device I can transfer data to?

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Android file Transfer will automatically open with the folder in your G.

    that's how it works on my Nexus. just open the Android File Transfer
    Yeh...its supposed but doesn't? Maybe there is an app I can install which will help Android File transfer open automatically?

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Quote Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
    Yeh...its supposed but doesn't? Maybe there is an app I can install which will help Android File transfer open automatically?

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    it automatically opens for me.. do you have USB debugging enabled??
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Did you ever figure this out?

    It appears Motorola has both a "Motorola Device Manager" to install in OSX, that's just a driver, and also a program called "Motocast", which appears to be an app.

    Maybe installing motocast will make it launch on your mac?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    it automatically opens for me.. do you have USB debugging enabled??
  9. #9  

    Default Re: How to connect to Mac OSX via USB cable with Moto G?

    If Android File Transfer isn't working for you, try rebooting the phone while it's plugged in or check if USB Debugging is enabled in the Developer Menu.
    if all fails i would invest in using the Bluetooth capability of the phone.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for an alternative to MightyText
    By kbeakley in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 06:41 AM
  2. hidden files copied from pc to tab 2
    By Kieko Tiongson in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 05:41 AM
  3. Any way to improve S-Voice Accuracy
    By zanda61 in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 02:48 PM
  4. Auto signature in texts?
    By realtytip in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 01:48 PM
  5. Updated to version 4.3 and the strangest thing happened!
    By PanaWanKenobi in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions