Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harvinder Sunila
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do i have a choice about Downloading 4.4.2 Kit Kat on the Moto G

Hi Guys

This is my first post so hello to everyone on the forums and i'm sure i will get help from someone on here.

I have a Motorola Moto G 16gb smart phone and love it but i have a software upgrade prompt on the phone
    which says when wifi is switched on the download will start.
    Of course it's the new KitKat 4.4.2 software that is full of bugs and problems and poor performance and there
    has been all sorts of problems with battery drain, missing apps and more and i don't want it until it has been fixed.
    I have hardly seen anywhere that people are happy with kitkat only one problems after another.

I understand i do not have a choice whether to install or not it will be forced on me sooner than later is this correct
    because i don't want it as it is now maybe perhaps when all the problems are fixed.
    Any comments would be most welcome along with any tips on whether i should install thanks.
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    8,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default re: Do i have a choice about Downloading 4.4.2 Kit Kat on the Moto G

You're going to encounter two issues:

1. Every software version of everything ever made has some bugs. 4.4.2 actually corrects many of the bugs people complained about in 4.4 Kit Kat (it was released just a few weeks later.

2. Almost every OTA is predicated upon the version before it being installed and there is no timeline of when 4.4.3 (or whatever it's called) will come out. You do have a choice in not installing it, but you will have to install it prior to installing the "fixed" version you're seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardavia40 View Post
    I have hardly seen anywhere that people are happy with kitkat only one problems after another.
    After a couple of years in the forums and a lifetime of listening to people talk about anything, I can honestly say that few people are happy with anything, let alone software and many, if not most, problems are either overblown (in their impact on usability) or they are easily preventable or work arounds exist.

Default Re: Do i have a choice about Downloading 4.4.2 Kit Kat on the Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by Mardavia40 View Post
    Hi Guys

This is my first post so hello to everyone on the forums and i'm sure i will get help from someone on here.

I have a Motorola Moto G 16gb smart phone and love it but i have a software upgrade prompt on the phone
    which says when wifi is switched on the download will start.
    Of course it's the new KitKat 4.4.2 software that is full of bugs and problems and poor performance and there
    has been all sorts of problems with battery drain, missing apps and more and i don't want it until it has been fixed.

I understand i do not have a choice whether to install or not it will be forced on me sooner than later is this correct
    because i don't want it as it is now maybe perhaps when all the problems are fixed.
    Any comments would be most welcome along with any tips on whether i should install thanks.
    the sooner you update the lesser the issues. most issues are upgrade issue where file created by old OS would not work properly with new one...

update and factory reset and it would be 100 times better than 4.3
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Hi Mardavia40,

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    update and factory reset and it would be 100 times better than 4.3
    Don't agree one bit with this statement from still1.
    I'm not going to say you should or shouldn't install KitKat, my thoughts about it are here
    For me personally the Jellybean Moto G was a nicer phone to use than the KitKat Moto G is, will the issues be fixed in the future ?...I don't know, I can only judge the phone as it is right now.
    Sizzers likes this.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harvinder Sunila View Post
    Hi Mardavia40,

I'm not going to say you should or shouldn't install KitKat, my thoughts about it are here
    For me personally the Jellybean Moto G was a nicer phone to use than the KitKat Moto G is, will the issues be fixed in the future ?...I don't know, I can only judge the phone as it is right now.
    I totally agree.
    Putting out fire with gasoline
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Harvinder Sunila View Post
    Me neither. In fact, KitKat is breaking some apps because they need a Permission that was added in KitKat.

Currently 247 Games Solitaire crashes right after starting as it can no longer write to a now-protected Folder that in previous version was not protected.

Soooo, now we have to wait on the 247 guys to modify all of their Solitaire games as they all crash with KitKat.

Progress. {sigh}
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys for the comments still going to resist as long as i can with downloading troublesome KitKat 4.4