Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default At this point would you go Google Play Edition of the regular Moto G?

My wife got hers and I'm impressed but I don't know if I should go with the play edition or the stock g.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    9,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: At this point would you go google play edition of the regular moto g?

Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    My wife got hers and I'm impressed but I don't know if I should go with the play edition or the stock g.

There are slight differences between the two. Take a look at the Android Central post about the GPE Moto G here: Moto G Google Play edition now on sale for $179 | Android Central
    Thanked by:
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Default Re: At this point would you go google play edition of the regular moto g?

Regular Moto G all the way. There really is no point to the GPe from a general consumer point of view.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I went with the standard one. I'm using AT&T now but I wanted the ability to use T-mobile if I decide so in the future.

That's a personal decision based on how much you value the Moto functionality now versus the speed of potential updates in the future. I fully expect the Moto G will get Android updates but in the future the timeline may be closer to carrier devices than Nexus devices. However, to some extent that was true even when Google owned Moto, because if any device is not running vanilla Android there's going to be a lag to make sure all the diffs still work with the new base OS.