SIM card reader ruined on my Moto G - can it be repaired?
I'm on Virgin Media UK and they don't provide micro SIMs anymore so I'm forced to use a micro SIM adapter and I'm 99.9% sure this has corrupted the metal prongs in the SIM card tray on my Moto G and obviously now my SIM card doesn't work.
Can this be fixed by Motorola (or even Phones4u) or is it completely ruined?
So annoyed because I love my Moto G and if it wasn't for Virgin and their ****ty adapters I wouldn't have had such a jumpy experience with it.
Thanks in advance
Posted via Android Central App
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-05-2014 at 11:43 AM.
- 02-02-2014, 04:16 PM #2
Re: Sim card reader ruined on my Moto G - can it be repaired?
Many people broke their sim slot pins that way. It's not an easy job to remove and solder a new simslot to the phone unless you have the right tool. You can find some type of repair service that may be able to do it for you.
Or you can call up Motorola and send it in for a repair for a fee.
When you remove the sim adapter, you need to use something to lift the card from the bottom and softly jiggle the adapter left and right while removing it, both of this help for the edges of the adapter not getting caught to the sim slot's contact pins.
- 02-02-2014, 05:01 PM #3
- 02-02-2014, 05:02 PM #4
- 02-03-2014, 04:35 PM #6
- 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM #8
- By DCSholtis in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 15Last Post: 02-15-2014, 07:36 AM
- By slackermvp in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 02-03-2014, 03:17 PM
- By Gastrodoc in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-02-2014, 10:13 PM
- By gurumonkey in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 02-02-2014, 05:25 PM
- By John Daley1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM