Moto G and Tom Tom Navigation Devices

SurreyAlan

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Recently given a Tom Tom 500 navigation device that needs to connect to a phone to receive live traffic updates. The phone needs to run Android 4.0 or later and has to be able to share the phones internet connection via bluetooth - bluetooth tethering I believe it's called. My old Samsung is too old to do this.
I've seen the setting is available on HTC's and Samsungs running 4.1 but before I rush out and buy a Moto G is this feature in the Bluetooth settings. Have read the manuals on line but it isn't specifically mentioned.
Many thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Something else to think about is if it requires the app from Play. Depending on which region you need, that can add up to a lot of space. The version for the USA needs 2.2 GB of free space for just the maps.

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Recently given a Tom Tom 500 navigation device that needs to connect to a phone to receive live traffic updates. The phone needs to run Android 4.0 or later and has to be able to share the phones internet connection via bluetooth - bluetooth tethering I believe it's called. My old Samsung is too old to do this.
I've seen the setting is available on HTC's and Samsungs running 4.1 but before I rush out and buy a Moto G is this feature in the Bluetooth settings. Have read the manuals on line but it isn't specifically mentioned.
Many thanks.

There is certainly an option for Bluetooth Tethering in the Tethering and Mobile Hotspot settings so it looks like it should work. But I haven't used it and don't have a compatible device to test for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
But I haven't used it and don't have a compatible device to test for you.

Correction, works fine with my Nexus 7. Had to pair the two devices first then turn on Bluetooth tethering on my G then go back to tablet and back to Bluetooth settings and choose the option to use the G for internet connectivity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463