Can't get swipe input to work

BigAlan

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have recently bought an unlocked Moto G and was hoping to use a swipe keyboard. However I can't seem to find it in the "Input" options. Can anyone tell me how to make it work please?

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have recently bought an unlocked Moto G and was hoping to use a swipe keyboard. However I can't seem to find it in the "Input" options. Can anyone tell me how to make it work please?

Do you mean Swype? Or the Google keyboard that had the swiping functionality? Swype you will need to download from the play store. If the Google keyboard isn't installed then that can be downloaded as well.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll admit I don't know much about the Moto G, but in general you could try Settings > Language and Keyboard > Input Method > Swype. If that's not an option then maybe your default keyboard already supports swype. Just try swyping on the keys. Hope this helps.

BigAlan

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean Swype? Or the Google keyboard that had the swiping functionality? Swype you will need to download from the play store. If the Google keyboard isn't installed then that can be downloaded as well.

I know about the "Swype" app, but thought I didn't need it.
I think I mean the function that lets you swipe to type but thought there was an option already installed on the phone to let me do it. I just don't seem to be able to activate it.

I'll admit I don't know much about the Moto G, but in general you could try Settings > Language and Keyboard > Input Method > Swype. If that's not an option then maybe your default keyboard already supports swype. Just try swyping on the keys. Hope this helps.

The default keyboard definitely doesn't let me do it. I've tried following the instructions on this page, but it doesn't match what is on the phone.

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So go to the play store and download the Google keyboard. That should give you that functionality then.