- 4 Posts
bluetooth tethering with Moto G to Nexus 7
I installed FoxFi on my Moto G phone and as a test USB tethered a windows laptop just fine.
Installed Pdanet Tablet app on a Nexus 7 and went through the configuration to bluetooth tether it to my phone. The pairing seems to be just fine; status says connected and all that. The trouble is the Nexus can't do any web access at all... trying to open any page in chrome, e.g. chrome just says "you are offline"; clicking on details says: "wifi and mobile data are off" ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
Very little data (accoring to FoxFi and Pdanet) moves; a handful of packets and like maybe 1Kbyte of data.
Why doesn't Nexus recognize there's a network connection via bluetooth?
I've tried reconnected and rebooting both ends but trouble just repeats.
- 02-21-2014, 02:35 AM #2
- 71 Posts
Re: bluetooth tethering with Moto G to Nexus 7
In Settings, Wireless and Networks, More, Tethering and mobile hotspot have you turned on Bluetooth tethering? You can set up a Bluetooth connection between phone and tablet but it won't allow internet data usage unless this setting is checked.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
- By Redco in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2014, 12:24 PM
- By Miro Dub in forum LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2014, 08:33 AM
- By mike1256 in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-2014, 06:22 PM
- By dnarandzic in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-20-2014, 05:19 PM
- By Redco in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 0Last Post: 02-20-2014, 05:15 PM