Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My phone won't let me check for system update.?

Hi

İ bought 2 motoG phones ne for myself and one for my Mrs for Xmas 1 is 8gig and the other is 16gig,

I bought 8gig from phones 4 U Retail shop & the 16gig from phones for you online webshop.

Since buying them, problems Have seemed to happen on the 16gig one, for example i can't use simple image wallpaper, the screen just goes blank, but on other phone works ok, today I noticed that my Mrs phone received phone updates but mine hasn't yet, so I tried to check for updates manually and it says, oops you need a data connection to check for updates. Go to settings > WiFi to Setup a connection now.

My phone was already connected to Wi-Fi then disconnected on its own, tried reconnecting and had trouble for ages, would not except the password, eventually after trying repeatedly it managed to connect, but still couldn't get the updates, has anyone else experienced the same problems?

Thanks

Default Re: My phone won't let me check for system update.?

Yes i am having the same problem. I bought 2 phones and one updated on my wifi network but the other will not. Gives me the "oops you need a data connection" error.

EDIT: After 15 or 20 tries it eventually worked.

Mine did that for the first time a few minutes ago...I powered off and on then it told me I had a system update and did I want to update to fix a list of issues, one included the wallpaper...I updated, let it install and it's fine noe. It might be what's happening with you ?

If you were trying yesterday evening it was probably because Moto were in the midst of rolling out the 176.44.1 OTA to existing KitKat phones in the UK and the OTA server was a tad overloaded, so was timing out to requests from the phone. Both Moto G's in my house (different UK carriers) had this error 3/4 times in quick succession before the OTA was offered.