Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paulw3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto G Dual-SIM for US Use?

    If there were a dual-SIM variant of the Moto G for use in the US, would you buy one?

    I'm thinking it would be nice to have both an AT&T SIM and a T-Mobile SIM in a single phone. You could use the carrier that has the best signal in your local area. This would be very useful for people who travel to different states all the time. Also, I've heard AT&T's signal penetrates better through walls. (Having T-Mobile doesn't help if you can't get a signal inside your office, for example.)

    I've seen dual-SIM Moto G phones on sale on the internet, but I think they're imports that don't support the 1700/2100 band for 3G on T-Mobile.
  2. #2  
    paulw3's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.5

    Default Re: Moto G Dual-SIM for US Use?

    I bought one here in New Zealand. As long as your second SIM is on a carrier that still does GSM/2G your OK but if both SIMs are 3G only then you have to manually select the one you want. The idle one goes off line. Because of the lack of concurrent dual SIM 3G support I gave mine to my wife to use as a single SIM phone..
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto G Dual-SIM for US Use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    If there were a dual-SIM variant of the Moto G for use in the US, would you buy one?

    I'm thinking it would be nice to have both an AT&T SIM and a T-Mobile SIM in a single phone. You could use the carrier that has the best signal in your local area. This would be very useful for people who travel to different states all the time. Also, I've heard AT&T's signal penetrates better through walls. (Having T-Mobile doesn't help if you can't get a signal inside your office, for example.)

    I've seen dual-SIM Moto G phones on sale on the internet, but I think they're imports that don't support the 1700/2100 band for 3G on T-Mobile.
    Hi,

    The imported dual SIM version support three bands for 3G (900/1900/2100 MHz) from which one is compatible with T-Mobile (2100), and for 2G it works as a quad band device (850/900/1800/1900) . Then, you might be able to use the imported version in the US right away.

    By the way, what are the bands of AT&T in the US?
    Love me two times... I'm goin' away
  4. #4  
    paulw3's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.5

    Default Re: Moto G Dual-SIM for US Use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique2SIM View Post
    Hi,

    The imported dual SIM version support three bands for 3G (900/1900/2100 MHz) from which one is compatible with T-Mobile (2100), and for 2G it works as a quad band device (850/900/1800/1900) . Then, you might be able to use the imported version in the US right away.

    By the way, what are the bands of AT&T in the US?
    3G = 850 and 1900.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Moto G Dual-SIM for US Use?

    Quote Originally Posted by paulw3 View Post
    3G = 850 and 1900.
    Thanks man,

    One more question, do you know if AT&T runs HSDPA+? (aka: 3.5G) if yes, did you tried that signal?

    Regards
    Love me two times... I'm goin' away
  6. #6  
    paulw3's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.5

    Default Re: Moto G Dual-SIM for US Use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique2SIM View Post
    Thanks man,

    One more question, do you know if AT&T runs HSDPA+? (aka: 3.5G) if yes, did you tried that signal?

    Regards
    Don't the marketing bunnies at AT&T call that 4G??
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 04:10 PM
  2. Using VPN when tethering
    By foonz in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 12:32 PM
  3. No Check Boxes for Sync Settings on Sprint Galaxy S3
    By artman80906 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 12:20 AM
  4. Is anybody else just waiting for a 5 inch or better iPhone??
    By William Mcnulty in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 08:42 PM
  5. Moto X Dialer Filter Contacts Without Phone Numbers?
    By ansextra in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions