Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Went to Fastboot by mistake...

Hi there

Just got my moto G yesterday and have put it its box last night as my sim is not activated yet but I have put it the wrong way in the box and somehow the side of the box has pushed the volume down button of the phone (I had switched the phone off ) and my phone went into fastboot mode. I myself went into panic mode :O and started to look on the web for help but after 3 or 4 minutest the fastboot screen disappeared and I was able to switch on my phone normally. Now my question is : Have I damaged the phone in any kind of form by going into that fastboot mode ? Any help appreciated

Default Re: Went to Fastboot by mistake...

Not at all, you can make any android phone to fastboot (as long as I know)
    So its okay

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks a lot for your quick reply

You haven't damaged anything if you haven't connected it to the computer, install adb drivers on your computer, install android sdk, and typed the appropriate commands to flash or erase something to the phone's partition.

Not all phones use fastboot, but I think Google is pushing more manufacturers to follow the standard so most of them do now.

sent via tapatalk