Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jec11718
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto G: Did something interesting today

I have an upgrade coming up next month and I really don't know what I want to do with it. I have been strictly Apple for about 4 months with an iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, and iPhone 5S. But I am accustomed to going back and forth between Android and iOS. So I decided that I would give the Android/Google ecosystem a try again. So I sold my iPhone 5S for $550 and bought a 16GB Moto G and an Acer C720 Chromebook to test things out. My Samsung Chromebook I bought last year was crap. But I had heard the new Chromebooks with the Intel processors were better. I have the C720 now, but the Moto G will come tomorrow. I still think that it is amazing that I bought a smartphone and a Chromebook for the price of one iPhone 5S and still had almost a hundred dollars left over. If I don't like the Moto G, I can just use my upgrade to get another iPhone if I want and sell the Chromebook and Moto G.

Global Posts
    22,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Did something interesting today

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I have an upgrade coming up next month and I really don't know what I want to do with it. I have been strictly Apple for about 4 months with an iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, and iPhone 5S. But I am accustomed to going back and forth between Android and iOS. So I decided that I would give the Android/Google ecosystem a try again. So I sold my iPhone 5S for $550 and bought a 16GB Moto G and an Acer C720 Chromebook to test things out. My Samsung Chromebook I bought last year was crap. But I had heard the new Chromebooks with the Intel processors were better. I have the C720 now, but the Moto G will come tomorrow. I still think that it is amazing that I bought a smartphone and a Chromebook for the price of one iPhone 5S and still had almost a hundred dollars left over. If I don't like the Moto G, I can just use my upgrade to get another iPhone if I want and sell the Chromebook and Moto G.
    How are you liking the Chromebook so far?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    How are you liking the Chromebook so far?
    Comparing it to my iPad Air and Samsung Chromebook that I bought last year, I can say that I like. The Samsung Chromebook is slower and doesn't have the battery life of the Acer. The big thing that bugged me about the Samsung was video playback was horrible on flash sites. The Acer Chromebook doesn't have that issue. I like the matte finish on the Acer as well. No fingerprints. The screens are about the same. The keyboard feels better on the Samsung, but I don't have a problem with the keyboard on the Chromebook. I wish they were back lit though, but for the price, I can't complain. Now comparing it to my iPad Air or Mini Retina; I would say that the Chromebook still fairs well. It has a full browser experience which is something that is lacking with the iPad. Chrome is much faster than Safari. Of course the screen is larger, but doesn't have the resolution of the iPad. But that hasn't really been an issue thus far. I really like the trackpad. Very responsive and the gestures are helpful. The reason why I wanted to try the Chromebook was that I was using my iPad more like a laptop replacement. I really didn't play games on it. I never used the camera. I had attached a bluetooth keyboard on it and was using it mainly for productivity things, watching movies, reading books, forums, social networking, and music. Well, I can do all of those things on the Chromebook. And, if you really want to, you can play some games on it as well. It has only been a day. But so far I really like the Chromebook. And it was only $200. I can't wait to get the Moto G in the mail tomorrow. If I like it, and decide to go back to Android full-time again, next month's upgrade is going to be interesting.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    22,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Comparing it to my iPad Air and Samsung Chromebook that I bought last year, I can say that I like. The Samsung Chromebook is slower and doesn't have the battery life of the Acer. The big thing that bugged me about the Samsung was video playback was horrible on flash sites. The Acer Chromebook doesn't have that issue. I like the matte finish on the Acer as well. No fingerprints. The screens are about the same. The keyboard feels better on the Samsung, but I don't have a problem with the keyboard on the Chromebook. I wish they were back lit though, but for the price, I can't complain. Now comparing it to my iPad Air or Mini Retina; I would say that the Chromebook still fairs well. It has a full browser experience which is something that is lacking with the iPad. Chrome is much faster than Safari. Of course the screen is larger, but doesn't have the resolution of the iPad. But that hasn't really been an issue thus far. I really like the trackpad. Very responsive and the gestures are helpful. The reason why I wanted to try the Chromebook was that I was using my iPad more like a laptop replacement. I really didn't play games on it. I never used the camera. I had attached a bluetooth keyboard on it and was using it mainly for productivity things, watching movies, reading books, forums, social networking, and music. Well, I can do all of those things on the Chromebook. And, if you really want to, you can play some games on it as well. It has only been a day. But so far I really like the Chromebook. And it was only $200. I can't wait to get the Moto G in the mail tomorrow. If I like it, and decide to go back to Android full-time again, next month's upgrade is going to be interesting.
    Been looking at that exact Chromebook you got. It looks like it is a good machine. Now to save up for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Been looking at that exact Chromebook you got. It looks like it is a good machine. Now to save up for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    So far so good. When you get it, you won't be able to comprehend what you paid for it. A device like this should not be this cheap. I had to look all over the place to find one too. Most of the stores in my area were sold out of them.

Global Posts
    22,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

So far so good. When you get it, you won't be able to comprehend what you paid for it. A device like this should not be this cheap. I had to look all over the place to find one too. Most of the stores in my area were sold out of them.
    I am actually excited to get one. My laptop isn't that old and has a hard time multitasking.

Phone Timeline
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Moto G arrived yesterday. I had to go to AT&T to get a micro SIM to put in. Everything was activated without a problem. I have to say, I kinda like the phone. I have an upgrade coming next month, so I know that I will be getting something with a lot more power. But for now, I'm really impressed by this phone. Other than the camera and lack of LTE, I have no real complaints about the device. I knew the phone would have shortcomings so those hardware downgrades don't bother me. What I am astounded by is that I sold my iPhone 5S and bought the Chromebook and Moto G with a lot of cash leftover. My experience thus far with both has been awesome.

Default Re: Moto G: Did something interesting today

Our family loves the acer c720. For under 200....it sure is a nice second machine for the livingroom.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Default Re: Moto G: Did something interesting today

Quote Originally Posted by jec11718 View Post
    Our family loves the acer c720. For under 200....it sure is a nice second machine for the livingroom.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    It's the primary machine for me.