Moto G: Unable to download any apps from Play Store

Arijitde

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just received my moto G 16gb last week and the 1st thing I tried was to download whatsapp. But I found the play store taking a long time to load. When I selected the 'instal' , I found no response. I thought there was net connection problem n decided to try later but faced the same problem every time. I noticed I could not download any app thereafter. I tried with WiFi too but the download starts n stops after a few seconds when I again have to manually off- re on the data to start again. I noticed if any call comes the downloading restarts temporarily.
I contacted the customer care centre n they advised me to switch off, restart mobile/ clear cache partition/ do factory reset. I did all these but the problem is still present.
I could however upgrade to KitKat uninterruptedly albeit bit slow. I can browse the net, but am getting lesser speed than with my previous blackberry curve on the same net plan.
Please suggest what else can I do!
Thanking u all in advance for ur responses.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto G: Unable to download any apps from playstore

I once was unable to use the playstore
And it was because i disabled the Google service framework ..
I don't know if that could help ^^

Posted via Android Central App

nocial

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Try downloading from your PC to phone via wifi. Check if the problem persists at another WiFi location.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

yuvarajg

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Hi Nocial,
I can able to download files using Wifi, but using mobile data I cannot able to download anything. Can u please suggest any solutions for this.

paulw3

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Have you got "restrict background data" turned on in the Data Usage area?? I had this issue with my Nexus 4 and from memory that was the cause..

Viswanath Janapala

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys....

This thing is really killing my patience.
One week back i bought Nokia 520 and i came to know that I cant use watsapp in that.
So i replaced my mobile with Moto G.

But now i m unable to download apps.

Please help me.....

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It's probably because they're pushing out a new version of the Google Play store version 4.8. Any one else get the update or just me?

Posted via Android Central App

siddarth369

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Make sure that you inserted atleast one sim in mobile. If you have not inserted sims, the apps like whatsapp unable to access your contact details and contacts info. so they will not install.

Sumit Jamuar

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I was facing the same problem and the below steps helped me. Please try these and see:
Go to settings->Apps->Google Play-> Uninstall Updates

Once the Google Play updates got uninstalled, I was able to download apps once again as before. Might have been some bug with the latest Google Play update.

Hope this helps ! :)

haikuflower

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I just read on another forum that the problem can be due to light filters on your phone. I have Blue Light Filter installes, and in the app there is a place you can temporarily deactivate it. Do that (or force stop your other filter apps) and you should now be able to install/update the appstire, and install apps.

Eswaran K

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to Sumit Jamuar #18,

I recently purchased Moto G 16 gb (XT 1033), and facing the same problems mentioned by Arijitge #1,Yuvarajg #4. As per the instructions by Sumit Jamuar #18, I unisntalled the google play updates and the problems solved.

goldfndr

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I just read on another forum that the problem can be due to light filters on your phone. I have Blue Light Filter installes, and in the app there is a place you can temporarily deactivate it. Do that (or force stop your other filter apps) and you should now be able to install/update the appstire, and install apps.
That only applies to the Install button, to prevent malicious automatic installs. The other posters presumably aren't yet being prompted to install.