Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto G Compatible Wired Headset

This is my first Android phone so am unclear on what wired headsets are compatible.

For those unaware, the phone does not come with a wired headset. There is an official one available but seems it only ships to USA.

Am just looking for a simple stereo wired headset with inline microphone and controls for music playback. Don't want to spend a lot just something functional.

Any advice is much appreciated. (I know looking on the common shopping sites may seem an obvious self educating tool, however having done that it seems there is nothing listed as specific for the Moto G and having bought a wired headset for a previous phone that said it would be compatible only to find the controls did not work on receipt of the headphones, I'm looking for guidance on if there is a way to know which headsets are and aren't compatible before purchase and returning headsets is very difficult...).

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Moto G Compatible Wired Headset

Usually wired headsets with playback controls and mic are very less compared to dedicated headsets with only speakers but u can surely try wireless bluetooth headset by nokia which has play back controls.But i dont think it has a mic
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have a Bluetooth (mono) headset for driving but want something wired for walking around that doesn't need charging. I even contacted Motorola and they couldn't tell me what would or wouldn't work.

no use contacting support staff since they are only trained to help with your device problems and not help with your wired headset shopping

have you tried amazon US site for unofficial wired headsets?if you find any headset to your liking u could just ask your local retailer or even search the model in your local online shopping portal