Moto G: pre-loaded apps do not auto update

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else have to manually update apps preloaded on the moto g via the searching the app on the play store.

For example, the camera, gmail, maps, google search, gallery, assist, youtube, etc did not auto update. I had to find the app in the play store and manually hit update. This is a new gmail account and first android user (not me).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a peculiarity (or bug) of system apps. I can't remember if this is across all versions of Android, or only some older ones, but I've noticed that if you've never updated a system app, it won't show up as ready to update in the "My Apps/Installed" list. You have to search for the app in Google Play first--if that app is preinstalled on your phone, and if there's an update, you'll see the Update button on the app page. Once you've updated a system app, it will now show up in your My Apps list whenever another update is available.

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you B. Diddy (I enjoyed saying that lol)

I had been searching and updating manually with system apps. Just wanted to make sure it was not just this particular phone.

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Im muy case it was only Camera,keyboard, and something of motorola
I get updates from maps, YouTube and stuffs like that

Posted via Android Central App