Cyanogenmod vs Stock Moto G

Sancrya0

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Just a quick question: will it be worth flashing cyanogenmod on my Moto G?

I love stock android, but I've had some great experience with Cyanogenmod on my Note 2. It really boosted the performance.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there are many features on the G that will be lost if you flash CM. To be on the safe side, i would create a Nandroid (always a good practice anyway) and flash CM and see if you like it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Just a quick question: will it be worth flashing cyanogenmod on my Moto G?

I love stock android, but I've had some great experience with Cyanogenmod on my Note 2. It really boosted the performance.

You saw a lot of improvements to the Note 2 because you were no longer using Touchwiz and didn't have all the pre-loaded applications and services installed. I don't think you'll see the same type of improvements to the Moto G in terms of performance, but that's not to say it still wouldn't be worth installing Cyanogenmod. CM has a lot of features and other improvements that are not available in the stock Moto G, so if you really enjoyed the other aspects provided by CM then it might be a good idea to install it.

After all, you can make a backup via recovery of the stock ROM, flash CM and revert back if it's not what you want or need with the Moto G. Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Try xposed installer and gravity box (+other mods), you can add alot of features that way without losing moto base.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I came from cm11 on my galaxy s3 to moto g and I don't think you'll see many improvements. It's basically the same except for a few improvements you can only get from rooting. You can sideload the GE launcher which is what CM 11 uses anyway