Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By arch stanton1
  • 1 Post By jim1405
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I love the battery life on the Moto G

ATT. I don't play games or listen to music, just phone calls, text, and about 1-2 hours of web browsing a day. I have Kit Kat, and did a cache clear which really helped life. I also disabled several of the other BS apps, and run Task Killer once or twice a day to kill other apps that start randomly.

My last charge went three and a half days, including an hour long conference call on speakerphone, and the battery was at 31% when I plugged it in last night. I noticed that if you are near a cell tower (there's one a few hundred yards away from my house) the standby battery use is almost non-existent, maybe a few percent overnight.

WiFi seems to be a big drain on the battery, though. Best $200 I ever spent.
    neu smurph likes this.

Default Re: I love the battery life on the Moto G

That's unbelievable battery life. I wasn't getting that, but it was really good compared to other phones I've had. You are absolutely right though, $200 for such a great device is a steal. I do wish that it had LTE. That would have an impact on battery life for sure, but it would have made the phone that much better.

I get great battery on mine too. Great phone, great price.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Since I've been using my Moto X lately I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of pure standby time I could get on the Moto G with most everything turned off except the phone radio. I only turned it on for a few seconds each day to monitor the battery level. It was still going when I finally plugged it in so it would have probably gone a bit more before totally dying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I love the battery life on the Moto G-screenshot_2014-03-18-15-08-08.png   I love the battery life on the Moto G-screenshot_2014-03-18-15-08-18.png  
    neu smurph likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jim1405 View Post
    Since I've been using my Moto X lately I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of pure standby time I could get on the Moto G with most everything turned off except the phone radio. I only turned it on for a few seconds each day to monitor the battery level. It was still going when I finally plugged it in so it would have probably gone a bit more before totally dying.
    That is EXTREMELY battery life omg
    How did it last 17 days? That's insane! I don't get a standby like that.. Android OS is consuming a lot for me

ROM
    ICS 4.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by mtvictor View Post
    That is EXTREMELY battery life omg
    How did it last 17 days? That's insane! I don't get a standby like that.. Android OS is consuming a lot for me

No 3G , sync, WiFi. Turn off all those and I can get a week out of my Nexus 4. My wife's Moto G with all that turned on gets 3 ~ 4 days. Most likely could get 17 days with all turned off.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Not having LTE helps.

Plus only being 720 and now 1080 helps too.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

How do you do a cache clear?

Sent from my Moto x, my weapon of choice!