Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By buggerlugz
  • 1 Post By AndroidNewby
  • 1 Post By Tg Mohan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transfering contacts to Moto G?

Hi, I am totally new to the world of smart phones and have just got a Moto G. I now want to transfere my contacts from my Nokia C2-05 to my new toy. I have tried to find out how but with no joy. Can anyone please tell me how I can do it as I don't really want to spend time tryping each one in!!

Here's hoping?? and ta in advance.

Cool Re: Transfering contacts to Moto G?

try using Motorola Migrate app and follow the prompts. Will need to add this to your old phone too maybe?
    May only work with other android phones but may work with Nokia.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Transfering contacts to Moto G?

Unless I'm doing everything wrong Moto Migrate doesn't recognise the Nokia? It's a simple slide phone and about as smart as me, i.e. not! I have tried a google search to finr a way, but none show up.

Is it possible to drag/drop the contacts from the Nokia onto my MacBook and from there to the Moto G? If I can find them on the Nokia that is?

I'm pretty sure what you need to look for is the option to export your contacts from your old phone into a vcf file. This file can then be imported into the Moto G
    A quick search turned this up:

http://www.recovery-android.com/tran...-to-phone.html

Good luck
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by draconianchaos View Post
    I'm pretty sure what you need to look for is the option to export your contacts from your old phone into a vcf file. This file can then be imported into the Moto G
    A quick search turned this up:

How to Transfer Phone Contacts among Android, iPhone and Nokia Phone

Good luck
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I'd go VCF to Google Contacts, then sync that with the phone. Makes editing/cleaning up and maintaining easier IMO.
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Thanked by:

I used the nokia suite to export the contacts as a csv file, and uploaded it to gmail, then sync'd the moto g, worked for me!
    Thanked by:
    paulw3 
    Ry and paulw3 like this.

1. Most phones have the option to send the contacts as vcf using Bluetooth.. Try that way
    2. You could Sync your Google account but I don't think that slide Nokia would have that...
    3. Move your contacts to the Sim card and then take them out in your G
    4. Try to find an app on the Nokia that makes a vcf backup of your contacts and send it to your G

Posted via Android Central App

I use Google Contacts. I use my desktop computer to manage my contacts and the contacts will update to all my mobile devices automatically as long as I'm logged into my Google account.
    You should be able to export you present contacts and then import into Google Contacts.

You could also save your contacts to the sim. Only if they do not exceed a certain number.
    Well i did it because i was using Nokia 1100

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I'd go VCF to Google Contacts, then sync that with the phone. Makes editing/cleaning up and maintaining easier IMO.
    I'm also very new to smartphones and Google etc. I have to transfer my contacts from a Nokia 6300 to my MotoG. I'd like to try your method, but where will I find Google Contacts, please?
    Thanks
    AndroidNewbie

16:52 OK - don't bother. I've found it (by Googling!)
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidNewby View Post
    I'm also very new to smartphones and Google etc. I have to transfer my contacts from a Nokia 6300 to my MotoG. I'd like to try your method, but where will I find Google Contacts, please?
    Thanks
    AndroidNewbie

16:52 OK - don't bother. I've found it (by Googling!)

For the record, it's in Contacts within Gmail.
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I'm getting quite impressed by the 'smartness' of smartphones! I couldn't get my Nokia to export contacts at all, so I exported my Outlook contacts to a CSV file and then uploaded to Google Contacts. When I switched on my MotoG this morning, all the contacts appeared without me doing anything. Smart.
    Now I've got to get rid of the dross which has accumulated over the years in Outlook!
    AndroidNewbie

How about transferring from a Blackberry 8520

Quote Originally Posted by lesmack1 View Post
    How about transferring from a Blackberry 8520
    1. Theres an App in the store that creates a cvf file I think
    2. Go to your Bluetooth and press the menu bottom, pair with your android device and in the menu you should see something like "send contacts"
    And it will send all your contacts via bluetooth

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the reply. Have done it after some 2 hours and heartache via my Google account, but haven,t a clue how I managed it. First of all tried, the download in the threads above, but had no luck then as I said before stumbled my way around Google and managed it.

There are many ways to transfer contacts and SMS from Nokia Symbian phones and Nokia Lumia (Windows Phones) to Android:
    6 Ways to Transfer Contacts from Nokia to Android
    However, no methods in the guide work for Nokia 1100.

From my experience,the simplest way to transfer contacts from Blackberry to moto g is to use "Migrate" apps.Just follow the prompts and you will go through a smooth process of transfer.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.