Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Moto G Failing to flash CM11 on CWM recovery

I recently got a Moto G. I promptly unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and installed the most recent version of Clockwork Mod Recovery Touch. I then tried to flash Cyanogenmod 11 M4 with the right gapps (4.4.2). I factory reset it and wiped the cache beforehand. Everything seemed to go right but when I rebooted it just displayed an endless spinning of the Cyanogenmod boot screen. I had checked the Md5 sums on the ROM and the gapps so they were good. I then tried it without the gapps, and with a CM11 nightly. Nothing worked, all I get is the endless boot screen. What's wrong?

Default Re: Moto G Failing to flash CM11 on CWM recovery

You could try and wipe the cache again after flashing the rom and tried to boot it. Worked for me

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Thanks! I solved it by reformatting the files in CWM. It is easy and in one of the menus, but wipes your phone of EVERYTHING. I was aware of that but be warned.

Posted via Android Central App

i am also having the same problem with flashing cm11, all it sjows after boot is the logo of cm11 nothing else. i tried wiping cache too, but same problem again. Do i need to format sdcard too? itwill it delete my nandroid backup? and if yes then if something goes wrong, then how am i supposed to go back to previous state?