Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By sdc1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

164 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts

Default My Moto G Experience

Iíve just put my Nexus 5 for sale and have switched to full-time Moto G use. I initially bought the Moto G out of curiosity but it has blown me away. It feels as quick as the Nexus, has a much better (for me) form factor, can be used truly one handed and is just an all-round great little phone.

The biggest advantage of all though is the battery. This thing gets me through two full days whereas the Nexus needed charged overnight and again in the early evening.

A friend pointed out two potential disadvantages, the camera and storage. For me these arenít issues. I stream my music from Google Play and I am not a particularly big gamer. The camera on the Nexus is nothing special and I have got some good shots from the Moto G, itís fine for snapshots, etc. If Iím going on holiday or away for the weekend Iíll just bring my trusty old Nikon. I also store my photos on Google Drive so donít have them taking up space on the phone.

This phone is easily as good as ďflagshipĒ phones from 2012 or early 2013, for a small outlay I find that incredible and that gives me a buzz every time I use it. I know Iíve been raving about the Moto G excessively on here but I canít believe what a bargain it is.

Default Re: My Moto G Experience

Im glad you're loving your G
    I'm feeling that way... My only concern for a smartphone is the smoothness and the battery
    I have never used a phone that last this long until I bought this one
    I can't believe what Motorola did with the G and the X
    I'm officially a truly fan of Motorola now
    I would totally prefer an X over a S4/S5

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: My Moto G Experience

I totally agree with you. I jumped from an iPhone 4s to the Moto G and have been extremely happy. I've had the phone for 3.5 weeks now and I'm still raving about it. I did not realize that I could go from an expensive phone to a cheaper one and have the exact same function ability. I'm also not a huge smart phone fiend, either. So the cons of the Moto G do not at all affect my smart phone experience. I'm glad you are enjoying it! I am, too.