Moto G or Razr i??

honeyfleur

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hiya, need some advice please! I've used a Razr i for the past year, and think it's a fab phone. My forth smartphone, it ticked my boxes, better than the nexus 4, samsung S3, being crucially, fast and small. It was faulty however and I've got a refund and am now pondering my next buy. I hear that the Moto G is very good, is it better than the Razr i? Not bothered much about camera much, as said, it's speed and size which is important to me.

Thanks!!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Moto G is a significantly larger device.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Motorola-RAZR-i,Motorola-Moto-G/phones/7499,8208

I haven't used a RAZR i - and it uses an Intel processor, which really hasn't made any noise here in the US - so I can't comment on performance. The Moto G is newer and has similarities with the Moto X in terms of filesystem which were design to help keep things read/write performance smooth over time.

What would be the price difference between the RAZR i and the Moto G for you?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

cooljatt18

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have used both, moto g has a better and newer OS besides being a lot zippy, camera wise Razr i is better as it is 8mp, but overall moto g is better.

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My mother needs a new phone, she is used to android and is looking for a mid range device she's a standard user and doesn't need anything too fancy. After looking I think the moto g is the best one to go for. Can any users give me their experiences of it? Would you recommend it? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

cooljatt18

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
My mother needs a new phone, she is used to android and is looking for a mid range device she's a standard user and doesn't need anything too fancy. After looking I think the moto g is the best one to go for. Can any users give me their experiences of it? Would you recommend it? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

if she is comfortable with touch screen phones and knows android menu working then Moto G would be the best mid level phone for her.

honeyfleur

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hiya, thanks so much for all that...the price difference here in the uk is about ?70...but if it's much larger, that might be a deal breaker for me. I'll go to a shop to check sizes today! :-0

honeyfleur

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
thanks for that...when you say zippier, you mean quicker? and how much bigger is the moto g please?? do you think it's a better phone? not bothered about the camera..

cooljatt18

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
thanks for that...when you say zippier, you mean quicker? and how much bigger is the moto g please?? do you think it's a better phone? not bothered about the camera..

yes by zippier I mean more responsive touchscreen, no time lag in opening apps etc., in short quicker. Moto G is more ergonomic than Razr i

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Bit late to the thread so not much point putting my tuppenny worth in but did you go for the G?

I own both and unquestionably the G would have been my choice. Apart from being quicker IMO the larger screen size is a real benefit even if it is a larger form factor, and the resolution totally kills the i stone dead

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance