Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Big Brother Calendar!

Got a new Moto G a few months ago. Love it so far, but inquiring to see if anyone has run across this issue yet. The sales rep at the boost mobile store synced all of my phone contacts and calendar notifications from my previous phone to the Moto G. I haven't added any new calendar notifications since I got the phone until the other day. When I tried to create a new event, the stock app is tried to force me to add a calendar account to my device and make it visible. my old phone had a stand alone calendar and did not do this. Is there a way around this issue, or do I need to find another calendar app that does not require this. I do not want my personal life displayed on Google where it can be hacked. If I wanted to use the Google calendar, I would log onto my email and use it. I feel like I'm already being watched enough without my consent anyway!

Thanks for any help guys and gals.

Default Re: Big Brother Calendar!

Quote Originally Posted by gy-skidkid View Post
    Got a new Moto G a few months ago. Love it so far, but inquiring to see if anyone has run across this issue yet. The sales rep at the boost mobile store synced all of my phone contacts and calendar notifications from my previous phone to the Moto G. I haven't added any new calendar notifications since I got the phone until the other day. When I tried to create a new event, the stock app is tried to force me to add a calendar account to my device and make it visible. my old phone had a stand alone calendar and did not do this. Is there a way around this issue, or do I need to find another calendar app that does not require this. I do not want my personal life displayed on Google where it can be hacked. If I wanted to use the Google calendar, I would log onto my email and use it. I feel like I'm already being watched enough without my consent anyway!

Thanks for any help guys and gals.
    I find personally it's very convenient to have Google Calendar integrate. I'm sure there are stand-alones, and I'll let others respond to that, but since I don't use one, I would say: your concern about being hacked is valid, but one extremely important solution is to turn on two-step verification. That is pretty hard to hack unless someone has your phone, and even then they are not all the way there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Big Brother Calendar!

I wasn't aware of two step verification. If I seem to have not other options, I will consider this. Thanks.