Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat launcher lag issue

Hello. I recently bought my moto g. Since KitKat was already there I directly installed it. And now I wonder if I made a mistake. Since the beginning I experience a little bit of lag mainly when swiping between home screens. I did a factory reset but nothing improved. The nova launcher fixed this lag issue but I cant help by wonder why the stock android launcher has this lag. Is this a problem that is commonly experienced with the KitKat launcher or is it just my phone?

Default Re: KitKat launcher lag issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo-p View Post
    Hello. I recently bought my moto g. Since KitKat was already there I directly installed it. And now I wonder if I made a mistake. Since the beginning I experience a little bit of lag mainly when swiping between home screens. I did a factory reset but nothing improved. The nova launcher fixed this lag issue but I cant help by wonder why the stock android launcher has this lag. Is this a problem that is commonly experienced with the KitKat launcher or is it just my phone?
    Welcome to moto g world dude! Yes the kitkat stock launcher is very very bad and laggy.Of course its not the phone.its the bad launcher! I suggest you to stat with nova or Another choice is apex! Also Dodol launcher is a new one and very stable and smooth launcher! Try them!

Leave stock launcher its only for slowing down the device

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

How many of the homescreens are you using? Are there a lot of widgets and app shortcuts?

(post some screenshots)

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    How many of the homescreens are you using? Are there a lot of widgets and app shortcuts?

(post some screenshots)
    No point of this! The stock launcher is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by diecast10 View Post
    No point of this! The stock launcher is awful!

I have a Moto G and I don't notice any lag swiping through home screens and opening the app drawer.

I have a Moto G and I don't notice any lag swiping through home screens and opening the app drawer.
    Seriously? Have you ever tried nova?
    If you try you will se the difference!but my opinion is that the stock launcher lags as hell!

Seriously? Have you ever tried nova?
    If you try you will se the difference!but my opinion is that the stock launcher lags as hell!

Tried it. Didn't care for it. No noticeable difference.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Tried it. Didn't care for it. No noticeable difference.

So weird! You are on kitkat with moto G?

So weird! You are on kitkat with moto G?

Yes.

Yes.

Οκ i dont know xd! Even the moto G in the stores is lagging!

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

If someone can tell me how to upload a pic on the forum from my phone(I know how to take one) I will post the pic. Otherwise I am using only my main home screen with only the calendar widget on it and some app shortcuts. Ry I see that you have the USA version. Maybe there is a difference between USA and UK version of the software. I don't know. Mine is bought from Tesco in the UK. Anyway the Motorola Cust support told me to do a reset and when it didn't work they told me to contact the warranty provider in my country. I will post what's their opinion on the matter. Anyway is that lag problem with the home screens something common for all devices with KitKat or only for moto g with KitKat or is it something that happens only on some users as an issue and isn't common?

Posted via Android Central App

If someone can tell me how to upload a pic on the forum from my phone(I know how to take one) I will post the pic. Otherwise I am using only my main home screen with only the calendar widget on it and some app shortcuts. Ry I see that you have the USA version. Maybe there is a difference between USA and UK version of the software. I don't know. Mine is bought from Tesco in the UK. Anyway the Motorola Cust support told me to do a reset and when it didn't work they told me to contact the warranty provider in my country. I will post what's their opinion on the matter. Anyway is that lag problem with the home screens something common for all devices with KitKat or only for moto g with KitKat or is it something that happens only on some users as an issue and isn't common?

I have contacted moto support they also told me to do a reset after the update! I did and nothing happened! For me the launcher lags in kitkat! In 4.3 was much better! So i suggest you to head in google play and try nova launcher or apex launcher :-)

Trust me

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I have contacted moto support they also told me to do a reset after the update! I did and nothing happened! For me the launcher lags in kitkat! In 4.3 was much better! So i suggest you to head in google play and try nova launcher or apex launcher :-)

Trust me

Yes, I am using nova ATM and I have no problems so far. It works perfectly. Seems that Google needs to do some optimizations. As for the warranty service, they couldn't explain where the problem is, but it isn't in the device. However it is interesting that this problem doesn't occur in all moto g, seems a bunch of us is just very unlucky

diecast10 likes this.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.
    Ivo-p and Javier P like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twin100 View Post
    This section might be hidden on some phones, but its very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if its currently hidden (for example, search enable developer options HTC One).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an Advanced subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that its set to 1x by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to .5x thats it.
    Change to 0.5x yes ! Nice advise! But still this doesnt fix the ultra laggy stock launcher!

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Live with it until 4.4.3 diecast. I personally really like it with 0.5 animations. Thanks twin. Yes the lagg can be noticed in the animations from time to time but this time it laggs faster .

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks for the tip twin. Much better with 0.5.