Whatsapp saved media keeps on disappearing in my MOTO G

Ankit Oberai

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I bought a new Moto G about two weeks back. It was working fine with all the apps that I had installed on it but I have just discovered a new discrepancy in my phone.

All the media coming on my Whatsapp messenger (videos/photos etc.) are auto saved in the Gallery under the Whatsapp folder, which is as expected. But after 2-3 days, some of it starts disappearing from the phone and I am not able to view it either in the Gallery or directly through Whatsapp and the error given is "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your SD card". For example, I had around 30 pics yesterday in Gallery in the Whatsapp folder but now it's reduced to just 11.
I don't know whether it's happening with everyone having Moto G or is it just me. Please help me with this problem.

Thanks in Advance!!! :)

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I bought a new Moto G about two weeks back. It was working fine with all the apps that I had installed on it but I have just discovered a new discrepancy in my phone.

All the media coming on my Whatsapp messenger (videos/photos etc.) are auto saved in the Gallery under the Whatsapp folder, which is as expected. But after 2-3 days, some of it starts disappearing from the phone and I am not able to view it either in the Gallery or directly through Whatsapp and the error given is "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your SD card". For example, I had around 30 pics yesterday in Gallery in the Whatsapp folder but now it's reduced to just 11.
I don't know whether it's happening with everyone having Moto G or is it just me. Please help me with this problem.

Do you have some cleaning application such as Clean Master? Have you set it to auto remove files regularly? Check with the settings of such apps.

Sent from my XT1033 using AC Forums mobile app

Ankit Oberai

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have some cleaning application such as Clean Master? Have you set it to auto remove files regularly? Check with the settings of such apps.

Sent from my XT1033 using AC Forums mobile app

Hi Nikhil,

I am not using any such cleaning app and checked with the app settings as well as the mobile settings. No such option of automatically removing files is available there. :-\

abhibh

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Try restarting your phone and see if the media comes back. If not check with es file explorer or Astro if the files are there in Whatsapp media folder.

vadali sarma

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Gud afternoon

i too suffering from the same problem. I am using moto-g for the last three monthss. Suddenly it developed a problem, on the subject referred above.

I have more than 200 app accounts and used to send msgs regularly. Y.day night it started giving problems.
All my worries r of no use. I have checked it up with other moto-g users, who confirmed having such inaccuracies. After putting the phone in switch off mode, by luck they r gtg okyy.

In my case, it is not so. Okay. I could not retrieve old video files. Even the day's files r also facing problems. With msgs like.. Message forwarding failed. Media file is missing

what is this how to rectify the perennial problem ? Pl suggest how to get rid of such problems pl

=== v.v.s.s.sarma, visakhapatnam

iamafroz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am recently facing the same issue though I am using moto g for last 3 month. Please tell me what to do now to recover old pics

Sandydec31

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue. Whatsapp pictures disappear automatically. I contacted Whatsapp support but no solution.
I am using Nexus 4.

Sagar Toraskar

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have newly purchased Samsung S6 EDGE 64 GB phone two weeks ago and since the first week All the media coming on my Whatsapp messenger (videos/photos etc.) I am not able to view it either in the Gallery or directly through Whatsapp and the error given is "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your SD card".
I was using IPHONE earlier never had any problems with my Iphone. I am very much disappointed and regret my decision of taking Samsung edge.
It has 2 years service warranty, but the outlet where I purchased the phone refused to give replacement.

shammi Singh

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have newly purchased Samsung Galaxynote EDGE 32 GB phone two weeks ago and since the first week All the media coming on my Whatsapp messenger (videos/photos etc.) I am not able to view it either in the Gallery or directly through Whatsapp and the error given is "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your SD card".
I was using IPHONE earlier never had any problems with my Iphone. I am very much disappointed and regret my decision of taking Samsung edge.
It has 2 years service warranty, but the outlet where I purchased the phone refused to give a replacement or solve the issue

Praful1991

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello ankit..have u resloved ur whatsapp media disappearing problem??if yes then tell me how..becz i am facing the same problem right nw...i bought moto g2 a week ago and since then i am facing that problem.

ZemaB

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok I have Found that CM Security is deleting my whatsapp pictures i could not figure it out until my camera refuses to save pictures i took out i was at terrible lost for words until i say got to be an app so i deleted CM both of them i asked my friends to send me pictures which was save so goodbye CM security it was so weird i went to google play left a message and they deleted what i put up about the problem so i guess its on them and people are losing pictures even my pictures on Google photos was lost i don't know what happen but am pretty sure the app had something to do with it my phone works fine now

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Zema, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for registering and telling us how you fixed this problem. It'll be very helpful for other users with the same issue.

Yashvender

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have recently found that if you delete data from Misc. under the storage in settings, you lose all the whatsapp pics and videos from whatsapp app itself and from gallery also. Please post here if someone found some other workaround.

Regards,

langud dada

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Are you using Sandisk SD card,Even I am also facing the same.. Don't know what the hell is going on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21