No voice transmission during calls from MOTO G

atins88

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Moto G for 3 weeks now. It is regularly showing a problem while making and receiving calls. I cannot hear any sounds and nor does the receiver receives any sound. It has become very frequent. Everytime I have to restart my phone to set it right and after a few hours the sound goes off again. I wonder what might have been the reason? Any suggestions? :-\

Nikhil Ramakrishnan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Moto G for 3 weeks now. It is regularly showing a problem while making and receiving calls. I cannot hear any sounds and nor does the receiver receives any sound. It has become very frequent. Everytime I have to restart my phone to set it right and after a few hours the sound goes off again. I wonder what might have been the reason? Any suggestions? :-\

Common problem for Android devices 4.3 and up. Hopefully Google fixed it in 4.4.3.

MotoClive

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
:cool:

heck that nothing is set in the 'Assist' app to silence phone at specific times or conditions. this the only thing I can suggest.

Sourav Mandal

May 5, 2014
Visit site
This same thing happened to me after usage of Moto G 3 week.. I restated then it work but it happens frequently. Have you got any solution? Please let me know. Thanks

anupamsingh610

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with me...tried a lot things now nothing seems to be working..contacted the motorola help agent they seem to be have no idea with this issue...one agent suggested me to reset the device...which i dont think is the solution
Also i have observed that this problem arises after the phone is charged...so may be its a charger issue...! Plzz someone post a solution the problem is really annoying!!

DN Chaturvedi

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone help me. Having the same issue. Bought Moto G in the mid-week of April. But facing the problem now. These flipkart guys are not taking any responsibility. When contacted Moto care they have no solution. This is really annoying please help. Feel like torture in hell. :(

cooljatt18

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone help me. Having the same issue. Bought Moto G in the mid-week of April. But facing the problem now. These flipkart guys are not taking any responsibility. When contacted Moto care they have no solution. This is really annoying please help. Feel like torture in hell. :(

try updating to the latest software, if you are already on the latest software try adjusting sound setting treble bass etc. also go through this link, post back after you have tried these things
Motorola says it has resolved Moto G IMEI activation issue in India - Tech2

avindra

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Even me had the same problem as I was not able to hear receivers voice sometimes when I make a call or receive any calls. I have been using moto G for 3 months and whenever I got this I would have to restart my phone to work correctly. I searched solutions but not able to find anything so I just contacted moto customer care and they suggested to clear Cache Partition on my device. This makes my phone error free so now I can receive/make a call without any voice error.
So I suggest everyone to follow this solution and I have given the link so just go to below url and follow the same. Good luck.. :)
https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._id/94946/p/30,6720,8696/kw/cache/action/auth

Belal Faridi

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
For this problem plz dont use corrupt videos in mx player and dont use 3rd party software for silence option just do it your problem will solve.....

teamstark

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a Moto G 1st gen, never rooted or customized and the ear speaker went dead a few months after the lollipop upgrade (5.0.2). The volume bar did change but the ear speaker was silent. Strangely enough the loudspeaker was working perfectly as well as headsets.

I tried everything (factory reset, change to the old audio runtime) but no luck with the default firmware. I bough a new phone since the warranty had expired and I tried rooting/installing cyanogen 11 (based on kit kat) on moto g. I can confirm that the ear speaker works perfectly so obviously it is a software issue. I recommend downgrading to 4.4 before buying a new phone :'(. I am really disappointed with motorola, it seems the management decided to drop supporting their best selling product.

Ziyad Goulamgookhan

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I got the same problem with my Moto X (2nd gen) after upgrading to 5.1 - ear speaker no longer working. The following solution worked for me:

Checkout the other post entitled: Moto x(2nd gen) ear speaker went silent

zipobob

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey Thanks, the solution worked for me!

I upgraded my Moto G 2nd gen to 6.0 and encountered a problem with calling. When I called or answered a call, I couldn't hear any audio from the ear piece and the other person can't hear me. I cleared the cache from recovery twice but it didn't fix it.

Solution:
Open dialer app > Tap the 3 vertical dots > Settings > Accessibility > uncheck Hearing Aids.

jigar Saransh

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
zipobob .... really awesome man..your solution really works...you saved my many $$ .. I was about to buy new phone because of this recurring issue. Thanks a lot!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12