Using Google Now on my new Moto G

Suhail Bashir

May 11, 2014
Visit site
So I just bought a new 16 gig version with pre-installed Android 4.4.2.

Me also being new to the Android OS, want to know how "Google Now" works on Moto G. It asks for some cards to be added. I don't know how. Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1033 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I just bought a new 16 gig version with pre-installed Android 4.4.2.

Me also being new to the Android OS, want to know how "Google Now" works on Moto G. It asks for some cards to be added. I don't know how. Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.
Try scrolling all the way down, and click on the wand icon in the center. That allows you to customize Google Now.
You probably won't get much to start with, as Google Now learns your behaviors and becomes more and more proactive. Give it some time, like a few days to a week, and see how you like it.

Suhail Bashir

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys for the quick reply. I'll see how it works with time. Anyways, just to know it better, what do these cards usually imply in Google now?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys for the quick reply. I'll see how it works with time. Anyways, just to know it better, what do these cards usually imply in Google now?

It doesn't really imply anything they're just cards that show searches for what you search four say for instance travel times movies general searches etc

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
They can be helpful. They can let you know about traffic, sports, entertainment, the weather. You can set reminders thorough google now. You can remember where you parked your car. You can say "remind me to get milk" and if you have the location service on, the next time you're at a location that sells milk, google will remind you to get it if its a location google recognizes. It'll even tell you how many miles you walk in a month. Last month I walked 9 miles lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Suhail Bashir

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Just a follow up question.
How do I do that fancy voice search for content within the phone like on moto X?
I only seem to get voice search results via internet only

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to check out xda as far as the fancy voice stuff. But using the Google Now Launcher will give you voice search on the home screen

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Google "android police Google now launcher."

I have it on my Moto G and it's excellent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs