Something SERIOUSLY wrong with my Moto G

shankychan

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Who're you legend?!. You're a ******* genius!!! a geniussssss.... & I wanna kiss you for saving my goddamn ***!! Painfully slow is an understatement but wooowwwwww! holy **** man... I'm not going on ART again. It was that ****hole of an app ...Stitcher that did this...I cannot find more cuss words for those sorry *** dickheads...apparently it ain't ART compatible....sheesh..but I love u man!! Big up

Ketan Pardeshi

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Yetserday i buy Moto g and i have upgraded it to latest version but i found that my gallery, Setting and launcher application are getting crashed due to some issue.
When i try to uninstall the application using setting tab application gets crashed.
Also when we try to set the wallpaper application gets crashed.

Leonardo Galli

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
trying to bring some light...
Hi everyone... I just had the same problem and after reading the posts about flipboard I went and delete the app, but one of the things that was strange is that a few days ago when I had this problem, I noticed that my Clock&Weather Widget was taking too long to start and in the few seconds "window" that I had between the restart and the "UI Stopped"message I've removed the widget from the screen and apparently fixed the problem. yesterday, my phone ran out of battery and when I charged him and restarted the UI stopped again... so I deleted flipboard (because I read here) but the problem continues... so I went and uninstalled the widget and VOILA! Problem solved. I'm guessing not only flipboard but other widgets/launcher may be having some problems with the last update so try to delete the last updates and apps the you've guys donwload or updated before do a factory reset... It worked for me. It was a lucky guess but it worked. Hope it helps you guys!

Jhessica Franchetti

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this will help you, but I was with the same problem after activating ART mode and manage to restore the functions without the factory reset.

Here is what I did:

After given up trying the steps above (didn't work for me), I was trying to do anything but the factory reset.

So I had the idea to remove the sd card and let the battery discharge completely (just to see if something different happened).

After that, I plugged the phone to my PC, still without the sd card, and let it charge for a while expecting the same error popup after it booted, but for my surprise the phone went back to normal.

Don't know what happened, but somehow it went back to Dalvik mode and everything was fine.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

LovelyLeslie

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Phone is stuck in "Android is upgrading. Optimizing application 1 of 1" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i remember i was downloading something from google play store but it took so long so i cleared cache from playstore then i also used clean master and du booster to clean junk but it was taking longer than usual also so i stopped my downloads and everything i was doing.

i powered off my phone. then turned it on again and it says

"Android is upgrading, Optimizing application 1 of 1"

and i already slept for more than 8 hours and its stuck there. I cant do anything except remove my battery,sim and sd card.

help me please....

gonzalo76

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I managed to switch my runtime back to Dalvik. It was painfully slow but in the end I didn't have to do a factory reset.

There's a fraction of a second after unlocking when the screen responds to a touch or swipe. This happens only right after you see the error message popup - "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped". If you do not see this message after unlock then open up the camera from the lock screen & close it.

Next, follow these steps to open up the app drawer -
1. Unlock the phone
2. Once you see the popup "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped", keep tapping on the area where you think the app drawer icon is. At the same time, using another finger click on the OK button of the systemui message box.
3. If your timing's good then once the message box is closed, the app drawer should open.
4. The phone would go back to lock screen but the app drawer would be open. You can validate this by unlocking the phone.

Repeat the above steps to swipe over to your Settings app. Instead of tapping, do short swipes & then click on the message box OK button. Each time the phone would go back to the lock screen but you should be able to slowly navigate over to change your runtime.

Once I got the hang of it, it took me about 15 minutes to go to Settings & change the runtime.

Don't bother trying to uninsintall flipboard from your play store this way. I tried it twice & both times the phone rebooted itself after i clicked the uninstall button.

If your screen layout shifts vertically after the unlock then tap on the area where you first see the icon & not where it moves to after the shift.

Good luck.

I had the same problem like OH ryan, but in my case, I changed Dalvik to ART thinking it was going to be better, faster, battery saver and blah blah blah... but nope, nothing like that happened. I couldn't unlock my Moto G anymore. I have to admit, I thought you're joking when I read your fix but damn... You're right!!!!!! It took me like 20' to fix it but I did!!! This was the only solution that fixed my problem without loosing any data at all! "If it works... DON'T fix it" LOL! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!

chandra_wilson

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey!

How do I know which app is the offender?
Because I downloaded an app a couple of days ago and just today I'm getting the error message. I don't know enough about phones to understand the entire process posted above.

hipster03

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Folks please help me.

I am following sajidr's option.
I can reach till settings with the tapping but cant scroll down to reach the developers tab and then to choose Dalvik runtime. Please help.
Its more than 3 hrs my phone is continously upgrading and rebooting.

Cheers
Mad

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I was facing the same issue with my Moto E. I tried your solution and after loads of trying reached the menu option from where we can choose the runtime. On clicking it I found only Dalvik runtime was showing and was already checked. Next, I rebooted my phone again and still the same issue is persisting. Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong, or what might help me out of this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,
Sanghamitra

Nihal Chand Bhati

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys my Moto G right now is completely useless. When I boot the phone is says "Android is upgrading.. Optimizing 1 out of 1 apps" This happened immediately after I installed the latest Flipboard update. After a few minutes, I try to unlock my phone and it just hangs and goes back to the lock screen, over and over. Sometimes it throws me an error as well "system UI stopped working" or something like that.

I restarted so many times and it still persists. I tried safe mode but its still the same. Should I go into recovery or something? I'm not that well versed in that kind of stuff. I also don't wan't to wipe my data, any help? BTW I'm using ART if that matters.